So, how do I define success?
那么我是如何定義成功的呢?
Let me tell you, money's pretty nice.
讓我告訴你,錢很美好。
I'm not going to stand up here and tell you that it's not about money,'cause money is very nice.
我不會告訴你們成功與錢無關,因為錢是好東西。
I like money.
我喜歡錢。
It's good for buying things.
它能買東西。
But having a lot of money does not automatically make you a successful person.
但是擁有很多錢并不能使你自然而然的成為一個成功者。
What you want is money and meaning.
你想要的是錢和意義。
You want your work to be meaningful.
你想你的工作更有意義。
Because meaning is what brings the real richness to your life.
因為有意義使你的生活更加充實。
What you really want is to be surrounded by people you trust and treasure and by people who cherish you.
你所希望得到的是被信任你珍視你的人包圍。
That's when you're really rich.
這才是你真正富有的時候。
So, lesson one, follow your feelings.
因此,第一個經驗,隨心而走。
If it feels right, move forward.
如果感覺對了,就繼續前進。
If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.
如果感覺不對,就不要做了。
Now I want to talk a little bit about failings,because nobody's journey is seamless or smooth.
現在我想談談失敗。沒有人他的一生是一帆風順的。
We all stumble. We all have setbacks.
我們都會遇到困難,受到挫折。
If things go wrong, you hit a dead end-as you will-it's just life's way of saying time to change course.
如果事情出錯了,你進入了死胡同,這正是生活在告訴你是時候改變了。
So, ask every failure-this is what I do every failure, every crisis, every difficult time-I say, what is this here to teach me?
所以,每當遇到困難和危機時,我都會問它教會了我什么?
And as soon as you get the lesson, you get to move on.
只要你吸取了教訓,你就會繼續前進。
If you really get the lesson,you pass and you don't have to repeat the class.
如果你真正吸取了教訓,你就會順利通過考驗,不用再取經受失敗了。
If you don't get the lesson,it shows up wearing another pair of pants-or skirt-to give you some remedial work.
如果你沒有吸取教訓,它會以另外一種形式給出現在你面前并給你一些補救。
And what I've found is that difficulties come when you don't pay attention to life's whisper,because life always whispers to you first.
我注意到當你沒有仔細對待生活的細節時,困難就會出現。因為生活總是提前低聲的告戒你。
And if you ignore the whisper,sooner or later you'll get a scream.
如果你忽視了這個低聲的告誡,過不了多久你就會得到一個驚聲尖叫,
Whatever you resist persists.
無論你怎樣反抗。
But, if you ask the right question-not why is this happening,but what is this here to teach me?
但是如果你不去想為什困難會發生,而是去反思困難會教給我什么時,
What is this here to teach me?
困難會教給我什么?
It puts you in the place and space to get the lesson you need.
你就會學到你需要的東西。
My friend Eckhart Tolle,who's written this wonderful book called A New Earth that's all about letting the awareness of who you are stimulate everything that you do,he puts it like this:
我的朋友Eckhart Tolle。他寫了一本非常棒的書,名叫A New Earth。這本書就是關于讓你的意識激勵你去做事。
He says, don't react against a bad situation;merge with that situation instead.
他說,不要去反抗困境,相反,要融入到其中。
And the solution will arise from the challenge.
你將會在迎接挑戰的過程中找到出路。
Because surrendering yourself doesn't mean giving up;it means acting with responsibility.
因為暫時的屈服并不意味著放棄,它意味著一種責任感。