THE BROWN THRUSH
棕鶇
Lucy Larcom
作者:露西·拉科姆
There’s a merry brown thrush sitting up in a tree
樹上有一只美麗的棕鶇
He’s singing to me! he’s singing to me!
他在對我放歌!他在對我放歌!
And what does he say, little girl, little boy?
他在表達什么,小女孩,小男孩?
‘Oh, the world’s running over with joy!
“哦,這世界充滿歡樂!”
Don’t you hear? Don’t you see?
你是否聽到?是否看到?
Hush! Look! In my tree
噓!看!在我的樹
I’m as happy as happy can be!”
我高興至極!”
And the brown thrush keeps singing—“A nest do you see,
棕鶇不停唱:“你是否看到鳥巢,
And five eggs, hid by me in the juniper-tree?
是否看到還有五枚蛋,藏在我旁邊的檜樹里?
Don’t meddle! don’t touch! little girl, little boy.
別干擾我!別碰蛋!小女孩,小男孩。
Or the world will lose some of its joy.
否則世界將失去一些歡聲笑語。
Now I’m glad! Now I’m free!
現在我很歡愉!現在我很自由!
And I always shall be.
我將永遠如此。
If you never bring sorrow to me.”
若你從不帶給我憂傷。”
So the merry brown thrush sings away in the tree.
于是快樂的棕鶇在樹上不停歌唱。
To you and to me, to you and to me;
唱給你聽,也唱給我聽;
And he sings all the day, little girl, little boy
他整日唱歌,小男孩,小女孩
“Oh, the world’s running over with joy;
“哦,世界被快樂填滿;
But long it won’t be,
但不會永遠如此,
Don’t you know, don’t you see,
你是否知道,你是否看見,
Unless we’re as good as can be?”
除非我們盡力做到最好?”