LESSON 86
第86課
“Papa, may we have the big flag?” said James.
“爸爸,我可以有一面大旗幟嗎?”詹姆斯說。
“What can my little boy do with such a big flag?”
“我的小男子漢要用這面大旗子做什么呢?”
“Hoist it on our tent, papa.
“爸爸,我要在我們的帳篷上升起它。
We are playing Fourth of July.”
我們正在玩美國獨立的游戲。”
“Is that what all this noise is about?
“你們就是在為這件事吵吵嚷嚷嗎?
Why not hoist your own flags?”
你為什么不把你自己的旗子升起來呢?”
“Oh! they are too little.”
“噢,他們太小了。”
“You might spoil my flag.”
“你們可能會弄壞我的旗子。”
“Then we will all join to pay for it.
“如果那樣的話,我們會賠給您的。
But we will not spoil it, papa.”
但我們不會弄壞它的,爸爸。”
“Take it, then, and take the coil of rope with it.”
“拿去吧。另外,把繩圈也一起拿去。”
“Oh! thank you. Hurrah for the flag, boys!”
“噢,謝謝您!太好嘍!伙計們,我們有旗幟嘍!”