Two Thieves
兩個小偷
Mike was taken to the police station
邁克被帶到警察局
and put in a room with another thief,an older man.
并于另一個小偷關在一起,他是個年老的小偷。
This man looked at Mike
這個男人看著邁克
and said, " Why have they brought you here?"
說,“你怎么進來的?
"I stole a small radio one day after my lessons," said Mike.
“放學后我偷了一個小收音機,”麥克說。
The man laughed rudely at Mike.
那個人粗魯地向邁克一笑。
"You should steal something which is worth a lot
“你應該偷值錢的東西
if you want to be a thief.
如果你想成為一個小偷。
You ought to steal something really valuable,
你應該偷有價值的東西,
which you can be proud of ,
那些值得你驕傲的東西。
so that your name is put in the newspaper.
你的名字也會出現在報紙上。
Go and steal a lot of money from a bank next time!"
下次去銀行偷錢!”
Mike thought for a few seconds and then said.
邁克想了幾秒鐘,然后說。
"I can't do that. " "Why can't you?"
“我不能那樣做。”“你為什么不能呢?”
said the old thief.
老賊說。
"Are you afraid?" "No." said Mike.
“你害怕嗎?”“不。”麥克說。
"I am not afraid, but the banks all close at three o'clock,
“我不害怕,但是銀行三點就關門,
and my lessons don't finish till four. "
我四點才下課。”
WORD BANK
詞匯表
station
站;所
thief
小偷;賊
steal
偷,竊取;偷竊;
valuable
貴重的;有價值的;頗有價值的
second
秒;第二
finish
完成;結束