88.I,m Sorry for Being Late
真對不起,遲到了
Scene 1
場景1
Tom :I'm sorry for being late.
湯姆:抱歉我遲到了。
Teacher:You're supposed to stand here quietly until the flag- raising ceremony is over.
老師:你應該無聲地站在這里,直到旗——提高儀式結束了。
Tom :About what time can I go to my own class?
湯姆:什么時候我能去我自己的課嗎?
Teacher:When everything is over .
老師:當一切結束
Tom :Now that it is all over. can I go now?
湯姆:現在,一切結束。我可以走了嗎?
Teacher:Not yet. You should stand still for another few minutes. Latecomers must be recorded.
老師:還沒有。你應該站著不動另一個幾分鐘。 后來者必須被記錄下來。
Tom :That's too bad!
湯姆:那太糟了!
Scene 2
場景2
Miss Brown:Why are you so late?
布朗小姐:你為什么這么晚嗎?
Tom:I've been through a lot today. I forgot to set my alarm clock last night, so I woke up late this morning. And what is worse, I missed the school bus.
湯姆:我已經經歷了很多今天。我忘記設置鬧鐘,昨晚所以我醒來今天早上來晚了。而更糟的是,我錯過了校車。
Miss Brown:That's enough. Sit down.
布朗小姐:那是足夠的。坐下來。
WORD BANK
詞匯回顧
suppose v.[常用被動語態]認為必須(或應該)
until prep.直到……為止
ceremony n儀式,典禮
flag-raising ceremony升旗儀式
now that既.然
still/stil/adj,靜止的,不動的
record v.記錄,記載
be through經歷;完成