hit
打;碰撞;侵襲;打擊;成功的人或物
The ball hit me on the head.
這球打中我的頭。
Be careful! You almost hit that man.
小心!你幾乎撞到那個人。
The weather forecast said the typhoon would hit the island tomorrow.
氣象預報說明天臺風會侵襲本島。
The man was killed because of a hit on his head.
這名男子因腦部的一擊而喪命。
The album was a smash hit in the 1960s.
這張專輯在60年代紅極一時。
total
總數;全部的;完全的;合計;加總
A total of seven players left the team.=Seven players left the team in total.
總共有7名選手離開球隊。
The total number was over two thousand.
總數超過2000。
The old man was a total stranger to me.
我完全不認識這位老先生。
The company's losses totaled $105 million last year.
這家公司去年總計虧損了1億500萬元。
I totaled up the scores with a calculator.
我用計算機加總分數。
totally
完全,全然
Jenny has totally changed her appearance.
珍妮完全改變了她的外表。
slow
慢的;鐘表慢了;慢地=slowly;慢下來
I don't like slow workers.
我不喜歡工作慢吞吞的人。
His watch is ten minutes slow.
他的表慢了10分鐘。
Drive slower so that we can see more.
請開慢一點,這樣我們才能看多一點東西。
Slow down, or you'll get a ticket.
放慢速度,否則你會吃罰單。
slowly
慢慢地
Drive slowly in this area because there are many children around here.
在本區開車要慢,因為附近有很多孩童。
hill
山丘
The hills are filled with butterflies in all shapes and colors.
山間里盡是各式各樣色彩繽紛的蝴蝶。
mountain
山
Mountain climbing is one of my favorite pastimes.
登山是我最喜愛的消遣之一。
news
新聞(不可數);消息(不可數)
We get news from newspapers.
我們從報紙獲知新聞。
Peter burst out crying when he heard the bad news.
彼得聽到這個壞消息時號啕大哭。
care
關心,擔心;喜歡;照顧;照料;小心
I really care about you.
我真的關心你。
Would you care for some wine?
要不要喝點酒?
I'm looking for a babysitter to care for my son.=I'm looking for a babysitter to take care of my son.
我正在找一位保姆來照顧我兒子。
We left the baby in the care of my mother when we went on vacation.
我們去度假時,將小寶寶托給我媽媽照料。
Please clean that vase with care.
請小心清理那個花瓶。
careful
小心的
Be careful with that vase. It may break.
小心處理那花瓶。它容易破。
Be careful about what you say and do.
說話行事要謹慎/謹言慎行。
careless
粗心的
The careless man caused the car accident.
那名粗心的男子造成這起車禍。