serve
服務;供應餐點
Your duty is to serve your country.
為國服務盡忠是你的責任。
A waitress will serve you food in just a few minutes.
過幾分鐘就會有女服務生過來為您上菜。
service
服務;保養維修
I'm glad to be at your service.
我很樂意為您效勞。
The car is being serviced this week and won't be ready until Friday.
車子本周在保養,星期五前不會好。
law
法律;法則,定律
Everybody is equal before the law.
法律之前人人平等。
Human being should follow the law of nature.
人類應遵守自然界的法則。
matter
事情;麻煩;重要
We should take care of the matter now.
我們現在就應處理這件事情。
What's the matter with him?
他發生什么麻煩了嗎/他怎么了?
It doesn't matter when he'll come.
他何時來并不重要。
reason
理由;理性;思考,推理
I don't know the reason for his anger.= I don't know the reason why he is angry.
我不知道他生氣的理由。
What makes mankind different from animals is the power of reason.
人跟動物不同的地方就在于人有理性。
They reasoned that he wouldn't accept the idea.
他們推想他不會接受這個主意。
It's important for children to learn to reason.
兒童學習推理是很重要的。
meet
碰面;滿足需求;運動會
I'll meet you at the airport at 2 o'clock sharp.
兩點整我會在機場跟你碰面。
He passed the tests and met his father's expectations.
他考及格,沒辜負他父親的期望。
In what month will the athletic meet take place?
運動會將在幾月舉行呢?
appear
出現= show up;似乎= seem
He didn't appear until five minutes ago.
他直到五分鐘前才出現。
He appears (to be) kind, but he is actually rather mean.
他看起來人似乎很好,實際上卻很壞。
It appears to me that something is wrong with the plane's engine.
我感覺飛機的引擎似乎有點問題。
act
演;行動;行為;戲劇的幕
Peter is going to act the part of Caesar in the play.
彼得將在劇里扮演凱撒的角色。
David has been acting strangely recently.
大衛最近的行徑很奇怪。
You must admit that it was a brave act.
你必須承認那是勇敢的行為。
The play has five acts, each of which is divided into six scenes.
該劇共有5幕,每一幕分成6場。
action
行動
Let's take action before it is too late.
咱們采取行動以免太遲。
force
暴力;力;強迫,施壓
Under no circumstances should you resort to force.
不管任何情況你都不應該訴諸暴力。
The force of the wind was so strong that it almost knocked me over.
風力之強勁,幾乎把我整個人都給吹倒。
Don't force me to do anything I don't want to do.
不要強迫我做任何我不想做的事。