mature
a.成熟的 vi.成熟
The girl is physically mature enough to have a child,but mentally she isn't.
就生理而言,這女孩子已經成熟可以生小孩了,但心智上卻不足。
Girls mature earlier than boys.
女孩子比男孩子早熟。
ripe
a. (農作物、時機)成熟的
You can't eat those oranges until they are ripe.
那些柳橙熟了才能吃。
The time is ripe for investing in this company.
現在正是投資這家公司的成熟時機。
rent
vt.租借,出租 n.租金
I rent an apartment from Mr. Wang at $6,000 a month.
我向王先生租了一間公寓,每月6000元。
That rich landlord has five apartments for rent.=That rich landlord has five apartments to let.
那個有錢的房東有5棟公寓出租。
Mr. Brown makes ends meet by renting rooms (out) to students.
布朗先生把房間租給學生,以維持收支平衡。
How much is your monthly rent for your apartment?
你的公寓月租是多少錢?
boot
n.長靴
I need to buy a new pair of boors for my hiking trip.
我需要買雙新的靴子以便健行之旅用。
The employee was given the boot for being tardy too often.
這名員工因為經常遲到而被炒魷魚了。
complaint
n.抱怨;投訴
Stop making complaints about life and learn to appreciate what you have.=Stop complaining about life and learn to appreciate what you have.
別再抱怨人生,學習感激你現有的一切。
We've received a lot of customer complaints about our new products lately.
最近我們收到許多客戶對我們新產品的不滿投訴。
nanny
n.專業保姆(多住在主人家中)
We hired a nanny so that our son would get personal care.
我們聘請了一名保姆,這樣我們的兒子就可以有私人的照顧。
cheek
n.臉頰(因有兩片,故常用復數);厚顏
My girlfriend has rosy cheeks and blue eyes.
我的女友有紅潤的臉頰及一雙碧藍的眼睛。
I was surprised the new employee had the cheek to yell at the boss.
我很訝異這位新來的員工竟然有臉對老板大吼。
jaw
n.下顎
Your jaw is the lower part of your face below your mouth.
你的下顎就是指你臉部嘴巴下方的部位。
The hero's quick thinking enabled him to escape from the jaws of death.
這位英雄的機智使他能死里逃生。
mill
n.磨坊 vt.碾碎
We brought the wheat to the mill to be crushed into flour.
我們把麥子帶到磨坊去讓它碾碎成麥粉。
We have to mill the soybeans first to make soymilk.
做豆漿之前,要先把黃豆碾碎。
cocktail
n.雞尾酒
We will host a cocktail party tonight in celebration of John's birthday.
我們今晚會辦一個雞尾酒會以慶祝阿強的生日。