Wars are not won by evacuations.
"戰爭并非靠撤退取勝"
I can't look.
我不敢看他
But there was a victory inside this deliverance,
但值得一提的是
which should be noted.
這次撤退也意味著勝利
Our thankfulness at the escape of our army
雖然我們擺脫了圍困 心懷感激
must not blind us to the fact that what has happened
但不能忽視目前
in France and Belgium is a colossal military disaster.
法國與比利時的軍事災難
We must expect another blow to be struck almost immediately.
我們必須時刻警惕著敵人會立即再次進攻
We shall go on to the end.
我們要奮戰到底
We shall fight in France.
我們要在法國作戰
We shall fight on the seas and oceans.
我們要在海上作戰
We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air.
我們要在空中作戰 愈戰愈勇
We shall defend our island whatever the cost...
我們要不惜一切代價保衛國土
What?
什么
We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be.
我們要不惜一切代價保衛國土
We shall fight on the beaches.
我們要在海灘上作戰
We shall fight on the landing grounds.
我們要在登陸地作戰
We shall fight in the fields and in the streets.
我們要在田野和街頭作戰
We shall fight in the hills.
我們要在山區作戰
We shall never surrender.
我們絕不投降
And even if this island or a large part of it
即使我們的家園大部分被敵軍占領
were subjugated and starving,
即使我們饑寒交迫
then our Empire beyond the seas,
大英帝國的殖民地
armed and guarded by the British Fleet,
在皇家艦隊的武裝保護下
would carry on the struggle
也將繼續浴血奮戰
until, in God's good time,
直到天時降臨
the New World, with all its power and might,
新世界將以無上的力量
steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."
為舊世界帶來救贖與解放"