日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 影視英語 > 美劇學習 > 美劇《傲骨賢妻》 > 傲骨賢妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨賢妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集 誰是奶酪背后的男人

來源:可可英語 編輯:clover ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼可進行跟讀訓練
  下載MP3到電腦  [F8鍵暫停/播放]   批量下載MP3到手機

This is courtordered mediation.

這是一次法院命令的調解
It's not optout mediation
不是可以退出的調解
or Idon'tfeellikeit mediation.
你們喜歡與否無所謂
We know that but what can we do?
我們知道,但我們能怎么做
We can't negotiate with a stone.
我們總不可能和石頭談條件吧
Yes but you can lower your ask.
是的,但你們可以降低索賠金額
Given the set of facts I'm looking at
根據我所了解到的一系列事實
well it's way to high.
這個金額太高了
And the law is far from clear as to...
而且法律也沒有明確...
Then let's go to court.
那我們庭上見
Look the judge doesn't want to clutter up his docket.
聽著,法官不想打亂他手上的案件
That's why he empowered me to keep you here
所以他授權我與你們調解
as long as I want to reach a compromise.
只要我堅持調解,你們就不能退出
And I will.
我會堅持的
So show me some movement.
所以,請讓我看到你們的行動
Our client wanted to sue for $38 million in punitive.
我們的委托人希望索賠3800萬美元
We got her down to 14.
我們讓她降到了1400萬
That is movement.
這就是行動
But where is theirs?
但他們的行動呢
Think about a new ask.
再考慮一個新的金額吧
I need you to raise your offer.
你們得提高出價
Oh come on.
得了吧
Given the set of facts I'm looking at
根據我所掌握的一系列情況
well it's way too low.
賠償金額太低了
And the legal issues... What about their ask?
而且法律問題... 他們想要多少,
$12 million for what was clearly an accident?
對于一場明顯的意外事故索賠1200萬?
$14 million.
1400萬,
Oh my God. It keeps going up.
天哪,越要越多
No it was always $14 million.
不,一直都是1400萬
Exactly because they won't move.
正是,因為他們不會讓步
That's Will Gardner's M.O.
這就是威爾·加德納的慣用伎倆
He gets his opposition negotiating with themselves
讓對手自己說服自己讓步
so he can just sit back and...
他們只要坐等...
Okay the good news is
好消息是
they've agreed to an increase in their offer.
他們同意提高賠償
Really?
是嗎
Yes $100000.
是,提高10萬
As a goodwill gesture.
作為善意的表示
But it's linked to an equivalent reduction in your ask.
但也需要你們相應減少索賠金額
We're not meeting in the middle.
這算談不攏了
You are meetig in the middle.
你們必須談攏
Everyone's meeting in the middle or I keep you here.
每個人都必須談攏,否則就繼續調解
This was an unfortunate accident...
這是一起不幸的意外事故
Wait a minute.
等一下
I know Celeste works under the mistaken impression
我知道莎麗斯特有個錯誤的觀念
that if she says something enough times
她以為,如果她把某事重復足夠多遍
it'll make it true
就會變成真的
but this wasn't an accident; this was fraud.
但這事不是意外,是欺詐
Deposition 101 page 58.
證詞101條,58頁
"But wasn't this an accident ma'am?" Answer...
"這不是一次意外嗎,女士"回答是...
No an accident is unintentional.
不,意外是指無心之失
What your client did to me was intentional.
你委托人對我做的事是故意的
You sound angry ma'am.
聽上去你很生氣,女士
Do I?
有嗎
I guss I am. I...
我猜是的,我
Would you like to take a break Maggie?
你需要休息一下嗎,瑪姬
Can we get you anything for your pain?
用我給你找點止疼的東西嗎
Thank you Mr. Gardner.
謝謝你,加德納先生
Why don't we let Maggie raise her hand when she wants to take a break
讓瑪姬在她想休息時,舉手示意就好了
instead of continually vocalizing her pain into the record?
不必一次次對著鏡頭強調她的疼痛
Wow Celeste. Cynical much?
莎麗斯特,諷刺嗎
Only since your fifth interruption. Thank you
在你第5次打斷后,謝謝,
but I don't need a break.
但是我不需要休息
She doesn't need a break Will.
她不需要休息,威爾
Can I continue now?
現在可以繼續了嗎
It's up to you.
取決于你
This was all caused by an accident four years ago wasn't it?
這都是由4年前的一次意外引起的,是不是
I was in a car accident.
那時我出了車禍
It caused DDD degenerative disc disorder.
造成退行性腰椎間盤病變
It's misaligned vertebrae discs.
腰椎間盤移位
And Dr. Farland the man you are suing my client
而法蘭德醫生,你起訴的被告,我的委托人
suggested an operation.
建議手術治療
He did.
是,
He said I needed an SCS a spinal cord stimulator.
他說我需要使用脊髓電刺激器
A device like this?
像這樣的設備?
Our client was given a chance to choose
法蘭德讓我方委托人
which model to have surgically implanted
從食品藥物管理局許可的12種模型中
from a catalogue of 12 FDAapproved models.
選取一種進行手術植入
But she didn't choose any that's the defense's point.
但她沒有選,這就是被告方辯解的關鍵
Yes but I expected him
是,但是我指望他
to pick one of the FDAapproved devices.
從食品藥物管理局許可的設備中選一個
I was never told there was another option.
我從沒被告知還有其它選擇
And what happened after the operation Maggie?
手術之后發生了什么,瑪姬
The pain was gone.
疼痛消失了
I was ready to worship Dr. Farland.
我正準備敬仰信任法蘭德醫生
But then the pain came back?
但是后來疼痛又出現了?
Yes it was like a deal with the Devil.
對,就像和魔鬼打交道
It came back three times worse.
疼痛比過去嚴重了三倍
But that's not why you brought suit.
但這不是你起訴的原因
No. About a month after my operation
對,大約在手術后一個月
I received an itemized bill for the SCS.
我收到了一份脊髓電刺激器帳單明細
On it was listed the manufacturer and the inventor.
上面標明了制造商和發明者
And who was the inventor?
誰是這個發明者
My doctor Dr. Farland.
我的醫生,法蘭德醫生
And this device he invented
他發明的這個設備
it was not FDAapproved?
沒有經過食品藥物管理局的認證?
That's right.
是的
He just implanted it in me like I was a guinea pig.
他把它植入我體內,拿我當小白鼠
I want to sympathize
我表示同情
I do but you can't keep asking for $14 million.
真的,但你們不能堅持要1400萬
Maggie has three children.
瑪姬有3個孩子
She is in constant pain.
她遭受不斷的疼痛
Her life has been shortened by a decade.
她的壽命縮短了十年
Her husband left her
丈夫棄她而去
and she's being kicked out of her house
她被趕出家門
all because she can not hold down a job
都是因為她不能保住工作
or offer spousal companionship.
也不能盡配偶義務
Now if that happened to me
如果這種事發生在我身上
from a doctor who experimented on me without my knowledge
醫生在我不知情的情況下,拿我做實驗
I'm sorry but I would be asking for twice as much.
對不起,但我會索要兩倍的賠償
Good job. Keep on him.
干得好,繼續攻他
And everyone the mediator's threatening
大家聽好,調解員揚言
to keep us here through the weekend
周末我們也要在這兒參加調解
and I think he means it so make arrangements.
我想他是說真的,所以早做打算
We might have a slight edge in mediation.
我們在調解中可能占有輕微優勢
The mediator seems sympathetic.
調解員看上去對我們抱有同情
Really? Will that matter?
是嘛,這管用嗎
Not really.
也不算
We're heading to trial either way
不管怎樣我們都要上庭審
but it shows our argument's working.
但至少證明我們的論理有說服力
What's up there? I just got a call.
那邊情況如何,我剛接到一個電話,
Someone who needs crisis management.
有人需要危機管理服務
One of our clients?
我們的某個客戶?
No someone impressed with the Florrick rehabilitation.
不,是對福瑞克復職歡欣鼓舞的人
Now I'm starting to feel like a slacker.
現在我開始覺得自己是個懶蟲
Eli is starting to clock more billable hours than us.
伊萊的計費工時,現在都開始超過我們了
Who is it one of the airlines?
是誰,航空公司嗎
I heard a jet went off the runway at O'Hare.
我聽說奧黑爾機場有架噴氣機偏離跑道
No but I might be able to sign them.
不是,但我有可能簽下他們的案子
I can decide for both of us?
我的決定能代表我們倆嗎
Yes. Just keep me in the loop.
是的,讓我知情就好
Cheese.
奶酪
Cheese?
奶酪
Yes. We represent the Wisconsin State Dairy Guild
是的,我們代表威斯康星州乳業行會
and we need your help.
我們需要你的幫助
With cheese? Yes.
關于奶酪? 是的,
A certain kind of cheese or all cheese?
某一種奶酪還是所有品種
There was an outbreak of listeriosis
4小時前
in a Chicago grammar school four hours ago.
芝加哥某小學爆發了利斯特菌病情
News reports say the outbreak
新聞說突發病情
was traced to bacterialinfected cheese slices.
與被細菌污染的奶酪片有關
Five children are hospitalized
5名兒童送院
four teachers are ill
4個老師染病
and we're getting alarmed calls from government officials.
我們接到了政府打來的電話
Patrick! Lydia!
帕特里克,莉迪亞
Does the guild have a contract with an existing PR firm?
行會是否與哪家公關公司有合同在身?
Keyser & Associates.
凱塞爾公司
They're working on an "Eat Cheese" Campaign.
他們正為我們做"享用奶酪"的推廣活動
Not anymore. You hire me I am one voice.
那是過去時了,你雇我,就不能雇別人
Tell me that's ok we're going forward.
你同意的話,我們再繼續談
I'll have to get permission. That's fine for now
我要先請示上級,眼下這還可以,
but I need someone here who doesn't need to get permission.
但我需要能拍板的人來跟我談
Monthly retainer of $60000 a month.
固定費用為每月6萬
Hourly still applies. You'll find that's competitive.
但小時付費仍然計算,價格很合理
Fine. Get me everything on listeriosis
好的,去查利斯特菌病的資料,
anyone who will speak out against cheese.
以及公然反對食用奶酪的人
And I'll need more investigator time. Get Kalinda.
我需要更多的調查人手,把凱琳達調給我
She's on the mediation.
她在跟進調停案
Not anymore.
那是過去時了
60 a month...
每月六... 60...
Wwait hold on.
等一下
...may also be tainted.
...也遭到污染,
It was just after recess.
事情發生課間休息后
The culprit the most innocent of foods.
而罪魁禍首竟是看似無害的食物
Cheese.
奶酪
This cell phone video Oh dear God.
這段手機視頻,我的天哪,
shot by a cafeteria worker
由一位餐廳工作人員拍攝
captures several students becoming gravely ill...
拍到了許多孩子病發的過程
We're worried this is gonna keep people from purchasing cheese.
我們擔心這會讓人們不敢購買奶酪
You think?
僅是擔心嗎
Cheeseburgers and grilled cheese sandwiches...
奶酪漢堡,烤奶酪三明治...
You'll have to hire Lockhart/Gardner
你們要雇洛克哈特&加德納律所
as temporary counsel.
作為臨時法律顧問
Actually we have outside counsel.
事實上,我們已經有法律顧問了
Okay I can explain myself for now
我現在還有時間給你解釋
but when things move faster
但等著事態惡化后
you're going to have to just trust me.
你們必須毫無保留地相信我
Currently everything we say and do can be subpoenaed
我們眼下說的做的,都可能被呈交法庭
for civil or criminal trial.
作為民事或刑事案的證據
And believe me with news like this
相信我,有這樣的新聞在前
you do not want that.
你絕不希望如此
We need to be able to speak
我們的談話
under cover of attorneyclient privilege
需要律師與當事人保密特權的保護
which Diane provides and we need it now!
而戴安就能提供,此事刻不容緩
Go ahead get permission.
打電話,征求上級同意
Hi Walter. Still there?
沃爾特,還在聽嗎
We also need to hire Lockhart/Gardner
我們還需雇洛克哈特&加德納律所
as temporary counsel.
作為臨時法律顧問
...as we learn more.
...待我們得知更多情況,
And get me the CEO of Heather Farms
給我聯系歐石南莊園公司的CEO
before he talks to a reporter.
趕在他向記者說話前
Here he comes now.
他來了
You just tell him what you told me.
你把剛剛告訴我的對他再講遍
What's wrong? Is everything all right?
怎么回事,沒出什么問題吧
I don't know. I got a call from someone at the Vindicator.
說不清,我接到《維護者報》一個人的電話
She asked if I had an opinion about the results
關于對法蘭德醫生醫療調查的結果
of the medical investigation of Dr. Farland.
她問我有何看法
I don't understand. It's a year off. I know.
我不明白,這早了一年,我知道,
She said the FDA expedited it.
她說食品藥物管理局加快了進度
She got an early look and they're siding with Dr. Farland.
她提前看到了結果,對法蘭德醫生有利
It may not be true.
這不一定是真的
It doesn't matter.
是真是假無所謂
Any rumor of an investigation that goes against us hurts us.
只要有這樣的流言傳出,就對我們不利
Did this reporter say when she wanted a comment?
這個記者說她什么時候要回復
This afternoon.
今天下午
She has to go to press Monday with the leak.
她說周一就要把消息公布
Here's her number.
這是她的電話
She's the Metro editor.
她是本地新聞版的編輯
Kate Hanson I know her. Let me give her a call.
凱特·漢森,我知道她,我跟她聯系
She'll be easy to stall.
可以拖住她
Thank you for doing this.
謝謝你的幫助
Once more around the park.
再帶他去趟公園
So what do you think?
你怎么看
I think we have a gun to our head
我覺得現在的情況很懸
and can't wait for trial.
不能拖到庭審
We have to get a good deal in mediation.
要在調解中拿到好價錢
Damn! Be right there.
他媽的,我一會兒上去,
Owen can you do me a favor?
歐文,能幫我個忙嗎
Diane we...
戴安,我們...
I'll call you back.
一會再打給你
I think the mediator's lying to us.
我覺得調解員在對我們說謊
I think you're right.
我也這么覺得
Two hours and a bottle of wine
兩小時,加一瓶紅酒
we can settle this.
我們就能解決
Just this? Why not the Middle East?
就本案嗎,為何不連中東問題也一并解決
It's game theory with imperfect information Will.
我們這是不完全信息下的博弈,威爾
Why don't we make it perfect?
我們為何不交流一下
I thought you liked imperfect.
你不是就喜歡不完全嘛
Poker over chess.
撲克比象棋更有趣
You sure you're on the right floor?
你確定你沒下錯樓層?
I'm serious.
我是認真的
We used to settle a lot of things in the old days.
我們以前這樣解決了不少案子
We used to unsettle a lot of things too.
也有很多搞亂的
I'm going into my room now.
我要回房了
You haven't heard our case yet. It's a good one.
你還沒聽過我方的論據,很有說服力的
Then I can't wait. Goodbye Celeste.
我都等不及了,再見,莎麗斯特
My number.
我的電話
When you're ready to negotiate.
你準備跟我談,就打給我
The whole weekend.
整個周末嗎
Maybe not the whole one.
可能不用那么久
It's hot right? The nights are hot?
很熱,是不是,晚上很熱吧
Oh steaming.
蒸籠似的
Sultry with the scent of jasmine forbidden love.
到處彌漫著茉莉香氣,禁忌之戀
Coat no coat?
要不要外套
No coat.
不用
You're fine with this right?
你來幫我沒問題吧
I just need someone with the kids through Sunday
我只是需要周日有人陪著孩子們
Sure. The fun uncle.
當然,搞怪叔叔
I'm the fun uncle.
我是很會陪孩子的
You and Will in a hotel room. Yes
你跟威爾,在賓館共處一室,是的,
Will me four lawyers
威爾,我,另外四個律師
six of their lawyers and a mediator
對方六個律師,還有一個調解員
You and Will check out the hot tub.
你跟威爾享受起鴛鴦浴
In a businessman's hotel.
那是個商務酒店
The best sex I ever had was in a businessman's hotel.
我最飄飄欲仙的一次性事,就是在商務酒店
Oh okay. Can we not go there?
好了,打住行嗎
You are so funny.
你真搞笑
You are the most prudish wanton woman I know.
你是我認識的最會裝正經的蕩婦
Hey. What was that?
你剛才是什么表情
What? Nothing. I have to go.
沒什么,我要走了
But you were about to say something.
但你剛才明明要說什么的
You won't get in a fight with Peter right?
你跟彼特不會打架吧
He's picking up the kids for dinner Saturday night.
他周六晚上會過來接孩子吃晚飯
I didn't mean it
剛才說你是蕩婦
about the "wanton"
只是說著玩的
Alicia talk to me.
艾麗西婭,跟我談談
Owen I would if I had the time.
歐文,有時間的話我會的
You have to wait for the elevator
你反正要等電梯
so talk to me here.
那就跟我談談吧
Okay.
好的
You're sleeping with Will
你跟威爾有一腿
which is why you left your husband.
所以把你老公踢了
Oh come on.
說實話吧
I'll call you later.
再聯系
Gretchen Battista.
我是格雷琴·巴蒂斯塔
No Kate retired three months ago.
不,凱特三個月前退休了
I'm her replacement Mr....
我接替了她,你是...
Gardner.
加德納
Yeah so you'll be getting a package
在大概一個小時后
in about an hour or so Ms. Battista.
你會收到一個包裹,巴蒂斯塔小姐
Just ignore it.
無視就好
Oh I already got it.
我已經收到了
My parents drink Scotch.
我父母愛喝蘇格蘭威士忌
They'll be really grateful.
他們肯定很感謝你
And what might you need?
你想知道什么
You contacted my client
你聯系我的當事人
for a comment on the FDA investigation.
問她對食品藥物管理局調查結果的看法
I thought I might help.
我想我能給你回答
You wouldn't happen to be fishing for what I might know
你不會是想套我的話吧
would you Mr. Gardner?
加德納先生
I might be.
這可說不準
I just find it odd that you'd be
我只是覺得奇怪
the only reporter leaked an FDA decision.
你是唯一一位泄露管理局決定的記者
Maybe I'm just a better reporter.
也許因為我是個有能力的記者
And maybe you have a source that's lying
也許是你的消息源在撒謊
and trying to undermine this negotiation.
只為了破壞我們的談判
So come in for an interview and you can offer some context.
那你來接受下采訪吧,提供點信息
Okay. How about lunch on Monday?
好的,周一一起吃午餐如何
Oh you mean after my deadline? Oh I don't think so.
在我給的最后期限之后嗎,那可不行
How about in my office in one hour?
一個小時后,在我辦公室如何
Two hours.
那就兩小時后
I thought we had agreed this morning to lower your ask by $100000.
我記得今早我們達成共識降10萬
Yes and we reevaluated our position
是的,但我們重新評估了一下情況
and we're staying with our original ask.
我們要恢復到原來的要價
I'm glad you think it's funny.
很高興你認為這很有趣
I thought we were making progress.
我還以為我們有進展了
Oh we are making progress.
的確有進展了
Mr. Gardner has a tell.
加德納先生有個特點
When he's in trouble he doubles down.
當他遇到麻煩,他就會加碼
So we're lowering our offer.
那么我們要降低出價
You don't think the issues here
你不認為這些事很嚴肅
are too serious to treat like gambling?
不能像賭博一樣對待嗎
No gambling is too serious to treat like these issues.
不,賭博比這些事嚴肅多了
We're lowering our offer.
我們要降低賠償金額
You all right?
你好嗎
No.
不好
Okay.
好吧
Yeah.
你好
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Will wants me to get some inkling of their bottom line in mediation.
威爾讓我想辦法探知對方的調解底線
Why? Eli needs your help.
怎么了,伊萊需要你的幫助,
Heather Farms outside Bloomington.
布魯明頓郊外的歐石南莊園公司
The USDA is investigating this listeria outbreak
國家乳品協會正在調查利斯特菌病的爆發
and they tend to be slow.
他們的調查速度會比較慢
Well which takes priority cheese or mediation?
那么哪一件優先調查,奶酪還是調解
Both.
都一樣
All right got it.
好的,明白
I expect mediation to extend through the weekend at least
我預計調解至少能持續過這個周末
so um I will be...
那么,我會...
There is no Heather Farms.
沒有什么歐石南莊園公司
It's just one division of Karpwell Foods.
那只是卡普威爾食品公司的一個部門
And I don't care.
我不在乎這個
I'm not your rabbi sir.
我不是你的老師,先生
I'm merely trying to keep your cheese
我只是要盡力避免你家的奶酪
from damaging the image of all cheeses.
毀掉所有奶酪的形象
Well I'm sorry you feel that way but I do care.
很遺憾你這么覺得,但我真的在乎
It's not even clear that we're responsible.
甚至是否是我們的責任都不清楚
I mean what else did these kids eat?
我是說,那些孩子還吃什么了
That's what I want to know.
這是我想知道的
Oh yes that's a great line of defense.
這真是為自己辯解的好臺詞
With images like these
有這樣的畫面
people love to hear that the kids are really the problem.
人們真是愿意聽你說,孩子自己才是問題所在
Do you know who Tony Hayward is?
你知道唐熙華是誰嗎
Do I...
我...
Yes he's the CEO of British Petroleum.
知道,他是英石油的CEO
No exCEO of BP.
不,英石油的前CEO
The man who many think oversaw the destruction of a brand.
很多人認為他促成了一個品牌的毀滅
So first thing's first we work on your attitude.
那么首先,我們先要糾正你的態度
Excuse me? I think we need to work on...
什么,我認為我們需要...
Look I don't have time to argue with you.
聽著,我沒時間和你爭論
The first rule of managing a crisis:
危機管理第一條規則是
the top man answers the questions.
老大出面回答問題
That is the only reason you're here
這是你在這里的唯一原因
that is the only reason I am talking to you.
這是我現在和你談話的唯一原因
So in ten minutes time you're giving a press conference
十分鐘后,你要出席記者發布會
where you'll order all your cheese products off the shelves.
你要宣布,把你家所有奶酪制品撤架
We need a split screen of that image with you looking strong
盡管這些畫面很不利,但你必須顯得很堅毅
wrong tie get him a red tie
領帶不對,給他拿條紅領帶來
then you'll apologize for any missteps
然后你要為所有過失道歉
and say the buck stops here.
說沒有其他人的責任
Actually he can't do that.
事實上,他不能這么做
Actually he can and he will.
他能,他會這么做
No legally he's in a very vulnerable spot.
不,從法律上來說,他處境堪憂
He can't be out there apologizing and taking blame.
他不能出去道歉攬責任上身
He's gonna get sued no matter what.
不管怎樣他是惹定官司了
Yes but the size of the suit is still in question.
是,但官司的規模還不一定
I don't care about the size of the suit Diane.
戴安,我不在乎官司的規模
Yes Eli but I do.
是的,伊萊,但是我在乎
I'll just sit here then.
我就光坐這兒行了
Diane you're only here as window dressing.
戴安,你在這兒就是裝飾門面的
You're only here to keep us from getting subpoenaed.
你只管確保這里進行的談話可以保密就好
No I'm here as their lawyer. You're working the images...
不,我是他們的律師,你管形象
And the images take precedent right now.
現在形象大于一切
Eli listen to me... He won't have a business unless he...
伊萊,聽我... 他想繼續做生意,就必須...
Nice to meet you Mr. Protopapas.
很高興見到你
Dr. Farland was stopping by for lunch.
法蘭德醫生順路過來吃午飯
But if you have any questions...
不過如果你有任何疑問...
Ms. Serrano could I speak with you?
塞拉諾女士,我能和你談談嗎
This is really inappropriate. We were having lunch.
這非常不合適,我們在吃午飯,
It's been on the books for weeks.
這是早就約好了的
I am not listening to any evidence off the record ma'am.
女士,我不會聽任何記錄以外的證據
And I am not offering any. I'm standing on the record.
我并沒有啊,我根據的都是記錄在案的
So is the plaintiff.
原告也是
And they offer a convincing case.
他們提供了很有說服力的論據
An easilyrefuted case.
是很容易被推翻的論據
Mrs. Reeves is responsible for her own condition.
里夫斯夫人應為她自己的狀況負責
How do you figure?
你怎么知道
Deposition 200 page 14.
證詞第200條,14頁
It's so key I know it from memory.
這條特關鍵,我都能背過
Question: If there's nothing wrong with your device Doctor "
問:醫生,如果你的設備沒問題,"
how did it malfunction?"
怎么會出故障呢"
It didn't malfunction.
它沒出故障
Even the best SCSs
即使是最好的脊髓電刺激器
are prone to lead migration.
也可能會出現導線移位
And a lead is...?
意思是?
Oh sorry.
抱歉
When the electrical leads don't stay where intended.
如果電導線沒有待在應待的地方
It's usually not serious
一般不很嚴重
but in the case of Maggie it became quite serious
在瑪姬的個案中,卻變得非常嚴重
because the problem went undetected for so long.
因為問題很長時間都沒被發現
That's what caused the infection
所以引起感染
which caused the permanent damage to her spine.
而感染又對她的脊柱造成了永久性損害
And why did it go undetected?
為何一直沒發現
Well I prescribed hydromorphone for any topical pain from the surgery
對于術后局部疼痛的患者,我會給開氫嗎啡酮
but Mrs. Reeves I'm sorry to say this
但是里夫斯太太,我很抱歉這么說
but she continued to use the painkiller long afterward.
她此后很長時間一直繼續使用這種止痛藥
So if Mrs. Reeves hadn't overmedicated herself
那么如果里夫斯太太沒有過度用藥
she would have noticed the infection
她就會注意到感染問題
and come to you for her SCS adjustment?
并且來找你調整她的脊髓電刺激器了?
Yes.
是的
I'm sorry Mrs. Reeves
我很抱歉,里夫斯太太
but it's true.
但這是事實
Oh come on.
算了吧
Why not blame the victim for having pain in the first place?
干脆怪罪受害人的疼痛本身算了
Yes but is it true?
是,但這是真的嗎
The device malfunctioned the pain returned.
設備出了故障,她又開始疼痛
Only then did Maggie take the painkillers.
她這才開始吃止疼藥
Celeste reverses it so she can make it
莎麗斯特本末倒置,使得看起來就好像
seem like the painkillers caused the problem.
是止疼藥引起了問題
If I can get her up to eight million will you say yes?
如果我讓她抬到800萬,你們會同意嗎
Is she offering eight million?
她提出800萬了嗎
Will you accept it?
你們會接受嗎
If you're asking for our bottom line then no.
如果你是在問我們的底線,那么不
We can't give you our bottom line
我們不能給你底線
or they'll use it against us.
否則他們會利用這個對付我們
Where's Kalinda?
凱琳達在哪兒
I thought she was looking into their bottom line.
我以為她在探他們的底線呢
I'll call. Where are you going?
我給她打個電話,你去哪兒
To meet a reporter.
去見個記者
Tonight school officials are reassuring parents
今晚,校方向家長保證
that all cheese has been removed from the school lunch menu
就目前而言,學校的午餐已經
for the time being.
把所有的奶酪撤掉
It's not yet clear whether cheese at neighboring schools
現在還不清楚此地區附近的學校
and stores in the area may also be tainted.
和商店的奶酪是否也受到了污染
Grace!
格蕾絲
Stop eating the pizza!
別吃披薩了
Really?
當真
You were the bad one?
當年你是壞孩子?
Well yeah I was.
是的
Don't I seem like I was the bad one?
難道我看起來不像嗎
So in what way bad?
那么,怎么壞法呢
Mm no you don't want to hear this.
不,你還是不知道的好
No I do want to hear this.
不,我確實想知道
Ecstasy.
嗑搖頭丸
Driving my car into a lake stealing stuff juvie.
把車開到湖里,偷東西,少管所
And Mom?
媽媽呢
She was perfect.
她很完美
Homework done room clean never did drugs.
按時作業,清掃房間,從不吸毒
Never did anything.
絕不逾矩半步
She's still like that.
她現在還是老樣子
She was a good sister.
她是個好姐姐
Always covering for me.
總是保護我
You guys have a good mom.
你們倆有個好媽媽
Grace's tutor.
格雷斯的家教在這里
Hello! Hello. Can we turn it down?
嗨,能把音量調小點嗎
Sorry.
抱歉
We're almost done.
我們快好了
So you're the uh the tutor?
你是她的家教嗎
Uhhuh.
是的
What subject?
教什么科目
Uh physics.
物理
And just science.
和理科相關的
Really?
是嗎
Where do you go to school?
你在哪里上學
Uh U of C.
芝加哥大學
And um...
那...
What's this?
這是什么
We're making a video.
我們在做視頻
We're done with all my homework.
作業已經做完了
Uhhuh. Got it.
知道了
Understood.
我懂的
Oh my God.
我的老天
Pretty...
這些動作...
provocative stuff.
非常挑逗
It's just street dancing.
只是街舞罷了
Yeah just freestyle.
是的,自由奔放
Dad slept with somebody else.
我爸還和別的人上過床
Dad. He slept with someone other than the hooker.
我爸,除了那個妓女,他還和別人上過床
He...
他...
How do we know?
你是怎么知道的
He told me.
他告訴我的
That's why Mom kicked him out.
這是我媽把他趕出去的原因
You didn't know that?
你不知道嗎
I didn't know that.
我不知道
What are they saying?
他們怎么說
They think it was an improper cleaning of the culture vats in Line Six.
他們認為是6號生產線上的發酵缸清潔不當
You sound like you don't agree.
聽上去你不同意這說法
Well I clean Line Six with peroxyacetic acid
每次發酵結束,我都用
and quaternary ammonium after every culture.
過氧乙酸和季銨為六號生產線消毒
They're not gonna find listeria there.
他們不可能再那里檢測到利斯特菌
Where else could listeria come from?
利斯特菌還可能來自哪里
We keep these units accurate to one degree either way.
我們將這些設備精確調整到同一溫度
I don't think it was a refrigeration problem.
我認為不是冷藏的問題
So what do you think?
那你覺得是什么問題
I think it used to be an easy job to find the source.
擱在以前,找問題緣由很輕松
Now you got some of these cheeses
但如今這些奶酪
they're a blend of three or four lines from three or four companies.
是經過三四家公司的三四條生產線,生產出的
So all I can say is good luck.
我能說的就只有祝你好運了
Damn. Are you sure?
該死,你確定嗎
Uh Eli you know this is a good thing right?
伊萊,你不覺得這是好消息嗎
It looks like your client isn't responsible for the listeria.
看上去你的委托人不必為利斯特菌負責了
Kalinda this is not the law.
凱琳達,這可不是打官司
I'm not looking for innocence I'm looking for certainty.
我要的不是無罪判決,而是確定性
The whole point is to bury this story with an apology
事情關鍵就是,用道歉結束這次事件
then move on.
然后翻過這一頁
So you want our guy to be guilty?
那么,你希望責任在他?
No I want it to be over.
不,我想讓這事結束
I don't want to train another CEO
我可不想明天再教其它公司的CEO
from some other company tomorrow to take the blame.
怎么承擔過錯
He can't say this. He has to say it.
他不能這么說,他必須這么說,
No he can say "I offer my deepest
不,他該說,"我對這些受害家庭
sincerest sympathies to the families."
深表同情"
And "I'm doing everything I can
然后,"我正在盡我所能地
to trace the source of our missteps." No.
追查我們發生過失的原因"不行,
"The source of the outbreak...
應該是"食物中毒爆發的原因"
Really? Really Diane?
真要這樣嗎,戴安
He can't say anything that sounds like an admission...
他不能說任何聽上去像認罪的話
Really?
真的嗎
I am doing everything I can
我正在盡我所能地
to trace the source of the outbreak.
追查食物中毒爆發的原因
Heather Farms is committed to finding the root of this...
歐石南莊園正致力于找出這起事故根源...
So why should I hold your story?
我為什么要壓住這個消息
Well the Scotch for one.
第一我送了你蘇格蘭威士忌
And because it's not true.
第二那個消息不是真的
It's not true that Dr. Farland's being investigated?
法蘭德醫生被調查這事,是假的?
No it's not true the investigation is going Farland's way.
調查結果對法蘭德有利,這是假的
And you know this how?
你是怎么知道這個的
I know this because I can see who has an agenda.
因為我知道誰有動機
In this case the defense. Heads up.
也就是被告方,當心,
Why should I care?
我為什么要在乎這個
Because I can make you care.
因為我會讓你在乎的
Okay.
說來聽聽
I'll give you complete back channel on the case.
我會提供你這件案子的完全內幕
Uh as pulseracing as that is
雖然這很令人動心
get me back channel on this.
但我要這個的內幕
Your computer?
你的電腦嗎
Mm no the cheese thing.
不是,是奶酪事件
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
The listeria outbreak.
利斯特菌大爆發
All the sick kids some were hospitalized...
那么多孩子中毒,還有些住院了...
Eli Gold is part of your firm right?
伊萊·戈德是你們律所的吧
I'll delay my story
我會延遲報道發表
you get me the back channel ticktock on the crisis managing.
你要給我這次危機管理的詳細內幕
I'll have to talk to Eli.
我得和伊萊談談
Well then it wouldn't be a back channel would it?
那就不是內幕了,不是嗎
Get me something behind the scenes.
給我一些幕后的消息
Let me see what I can do.
我會盡力
Oh and by the way uh
還有
it's not the FDA investigation that's concluding.
這事并不是食品藥物管理局的調查結果說的
What do you mean?
什么意思
The call I got was about the State's Attorney.
我接到的電話是關于州檢察官的
Turns out
結果是
they decided not to bring fraud charges against Dr. Farland.
他們決定不以欺詐罪名指控法蘭德醫生
May I help you?
有什么我可以幫你的嗎
You may.
有,
I need information about a fraud investigation.
我需要關于某樁欺詐案調查的信息
Are you sure?
你確定嗎
Am I sure I have nothing to offer you about our fraud investigation? I am.
我是否確定提供不了欺詐案調查的信息?對
We just need to know if this leak to Gretchen Battista
我們只想知道泄露給格雷琴·巴蒂斯塔的
was faked Cary that's all.
這消息是否為假,凱里,就這些
And if it was then we need to get her to hold her story.
如果是假的,我們就得讓她壓住這消息
I understand.
我明白
I still have nothing.
可是我還是沒有信息
How have you been?
最近過得好嗎
Oh come on.
得了吧
Kalinda you can fake somebody else but you can't fake me.
凱琳達,你可以騙過其他人卻騙不了我
What am I faking?
我在假裝什么
Interest concern friendship.
假裝對我感興趣,關心我,和我是朋友
And what if I'm not?
要是我沒在裝呢
Then let's be friends.
那我們就成朋友了
But I still don't have anything for you
但是關于這起欺詐案調查
about this fraud investigation.
我還是沒有東西能提供給你
Check with Matan; it's his case.
去找馬坦吧,這是他的案子
Hmm he's no use.
不,他沒什么用
Because he doesn't want to sleep with you?
因為他不想和你上床嗎
But you do?
但是你想是嗎
I'm merely making an observation.
我只是在評論一件事
And what observation might that be?
什么評論
You tend to use people's feelings to further your investigations.
你會利用別人的感情,幫助自己的調查
You think that's what I did with you?
你覺得我這么對你了嗎
I think I have to get back to work.
我想我該工作了
Cary whatever I felt I didn't invent.
凱里,我對你從沒有偽裝什么
That's great to know Kalinda.
很高興知道這點,凱琳達
Now I have to get back to work and I think you do too.
現在我要繼續工作了,你應該也是
Yeah.
好的
The CEO questioned the need to recall all cheese products
這位CEO駁稱,回收所有奶酪制品并不必要
suggesting that the listeria victims themselves
同時暗示食物中毒的起因
could have been responsible for the sickness.
可能在受害者自己
I don't know that much about it at this point
現在我還不知道詳細情況
but II would love to know what else those kids were eating
但我希望知道孩子們還吃過什么
because I don't think it's just the cheese.
因為我認為不會只吃了奶酪
Excuse me.
借過
Look I think it's a little premature at this point...
我認為現在談這些為時過早
What the hell?
搞什么鬼啊
What the hell?!
你搞什么鬼
What did you say?
你說了什么
What did you say?
你說了什么
What are you talking about?
你說什么呢
II said exactly what you told me...
我完全是按照你說的...
"I don't know enough but what else did these kids eat"?
"我還不太清楚,但孩子們還吃過什么"?
You know what you do when you don't know enough?
你知不知道,自己不懂的話,應該怎么做
You shut the hell up.
就是閉上自己的臭嘴
I didn't say that.
我沒那樣說
With a garbage bag in your hand?
手里還拿了個垃圾袋
What are you Chico and the Man?
你想當小丑嗎
Oh that that was in the morning before I met you.
那是早晨的事,當時我還沒見你
The press was in front of my house.
記者都圍在我家門口
They're playing it like you just said it.
他們播得就像你是才說的
They can't do that.
他們不能這樣
Oh where do you live Fairyland?
活得現實點吧
Of course they can do that.
他們當然能這樣
Okay Eli what now?
好了,伊萊,現在怎么辦
Well he's burned as a spokesman.
他的形象已經毀了
You're going to have to get
你得迅速把
all the cheese off all the shelves in Illinois.
伊利諾伊所有奶酪全都撤架
No I don't think that's possible.
我認為這是不可能的
He just blamed the victim. It just became possible.
他對受害者的指責,讓這成為可能了
Owen thank you so much.
歐文,太感謝了
I've been in mediation all day couldn't get away.
我整天都在參加調解,抽不了身
How are the kids?
孩子們怎么樣
Good.
很好
Grace is bonding with a shy dance teacher
格蕾絲和一個羞嗒嗒愛跳舞的家教黏在一起
and Peter told Zach that he slept with another woman.
彼得告訴扎克他和另一個女人上過床
What?
什么
Oh Grace is bonding with a...
格蕾絲和那個...
No what did Peter say?
不是這個,彼得說了什么
Oh yeah he told Zach your son that he Peter
他告訴扎克,你兒子,他,彼得
was at fault for you kicking him out
之所以被你踢出家門
'cause he slept with somebody else
是因為他和其他人有染,
and so now I'm wondering who that somebody else was.
所以現在我很好奇那個人是誰
Zach told you this? He did.
這是扎克告訴你的? 沒錯,
And what did Zach say to him?
那扎克怎么回答他的
To Pe nothing.
回答彼...沒說什么
I think he just took it in.
估計他就是聽在心里了
So who who is it?
那個人是誰
I have to go back to work. Come on
我得回去工作了,拜托,
Alicia work is like this new avoidance tactic for you.
艾麗西婭,你永遠都拿工作當借口
Is Zach all right?
扎克沒事吧
Zach's fine.
他沒事
Zach... he's he's wondering how you are.
扎克在擔心你怎么樣
How... how are you?
你還好嗎
I've got to get back to work.
我得去工作了
There you are.
你來了
Kuhn?
庫恩(一種紙牌游戲)
Yep I think you were up by 32 last time we played.
我記得上次你贏了32
Nine years ago?
9年前嗎
That's right you always hated my memory thing.
沒錯,你老是嫌我記性太好
One Cheerio ante?
賭一顆爆米球?
Two inflation.
兩顆,通貨膨脹了
So I heard you got married.
聽說你結婚了
Twice.
兩次
Heard you didn't.
聽說你沒結婚
You were always bad at bluffing.
你還是不怎么會唬人
Who's the lady friend?
你那位女朋友是誰
The...? The lawyer.
哪位... 那個律師,
I get a strong possessive sense there.
我能感受到那股強烈的占有欲
You're not going to say?
你不坦白交代嗎
I say either way you'll use it in negotiations.
不管我怎么說,你都會拿來當談判籌碼的
Call.
跟,
So how do you know Gretchen?
你怎么認識格雷琴的
Gretchen?
格雷琴?
The reporter. Through your firm?
那個記者,通過律所?
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
Hmm so are we gonna play cards all night
我們是要玩一晚上的牌
or are we gonna negotiate?
還是進行談判
How about both?
同時進行如何
You lose this hand
這把你要是輸了
you convince your client to take my deal.
你就說服你的委托人接受我的條件
I lose this hand
要是我輸了
I convince my client to take your deal.
我就說服我的委托人接受你的條件
What deal?
條件是什么
$10 million.
1000萬償金,
And if I lose?
我輸了呢
She takes $500000.
50萬
So that's your bottom line huh $10 million?
所以1000萬是你們的底線?
I miss you Will I really do.
我很想你,威爾,真的
Why did you drop out?
你當時為什么放棄了
I didn't.
我沒有
Moved on.
我前進了
To...?
然后...
Adulthood.
變成成年人了
As I remember we did some pretty adult things ourselves.
我記得我們做過不少成年人的事情
Come on one bet.
來吧,一局定勝負
We settle this like adults.
像成年人一樣解決問題
No mediator.
面對面
Your lady friend will be so impressed
如果你拿著1000萬出現在她門口
when you show up at her door with $10 million in your hand.
你女朋友一定會喜出望外的
No thanks.
不了,謝謝
Oh come on.
拜托
Where's the old Will?
以前的威爾哪里去了
Embrace the risk.
孤注一擲嘛
No thanks.
不了,謝謝
Wuss.
沒種
Too bad you would have won.
真不幸,你本來能贏的
Anything?
有進展嗎
They want to pay $500000
他們想的是50萬
but they're willing to go to $10 million.
但他們的底線可以接受1000萬
You're kidding? Nope.
你開玩笑吧,沒,
We were willing to take $5 million.
我們原本500萬都能接受
The only bad news is I don't think she planted
唯一的壞消息是,格雷琴的消息
the story with Gretchen
不是從她那兒來的
but I can't tell.
但我無法確定
She's a good bluffer.
她很會虛張聲勢
Anything else?
還有其它的嗎
Yeah she's gonna try to play you.
有,她打算從你入手
In what way?
怎么打算的
Jealousy.
讓你吃醋
Using your past?
用你的過去?
To what end? Rattle you
目的呢,激怒你,
get you to admit the bottom line just for the kick of it.
讓你說出底線,滿足她的好勝心
So you and her huh?
你和她是吧
Two years.
兩年
I just don't see it.
真看不出來
I was a different person.
我變化很大
And she's the same? Oh yeah.
她還是老樣子? 是的,
Well...
那么...
What if I play jealous...
我是不是應該假裝吃醋
...for the mediator?
演給調解員看呢,
Maybe you should.
也許可以
Tantric sex.
養性健身術
No sex sex.
不,直接性就好
No no tantric sex.
不不,養性健身術
You have to eschew frictional orgasm
我們要克制肉體高潮
for a higher form of ecstasy.
追求更高層次的享受
No can't we have a little frictional orgasm?
就來一點點肉體高潮好不好
We don't touch we don't undress.
我們不摸,不脫
We talk about our childhoods
我們可以聊聊各自的童年
anything but sex.
除了性,什么都行
Delaying gratification is to increase gratification.
遲些性滿足,會帶來更大的性滿足
Yeah but I've spent the last three hours doing laundry
沒錯,但我這3個小時一直在洗衣服
and the kids are gonna be home in a couple of hours
而孩子們幾小時后就要回來了
so I don't really have time for delayed gratification.
所以我真的沒有時間遲些性滿足
They're home early.
他們提早回來了
Oh Owen.
歐文
Hello. What a surprise.
你好,嚇了我一跳
Uh how are you?
你好嗎
Jackie how... funny.
杰姬,這么巧啊
Yes so Peter asked me to pick up Zach and Grace.
彼得叫我來接扎克和格蕾絲
I hope you don't mind I have my old key.
希望你別介意,我有這里的鑰匙
Oh hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
My name is Finn.
我叫芬恩
Uh Finn's a friend of mine from school.
芬恩是我在學校的朋友
Jackie you're a little early.
杰姬,你來得有點早
Yes well I thought I'd clean up.
是,我是想來打掃打掃
It always gets so messy here.
這里總是很亂
But um why don't I come back later?
但,我還是待會再來吧
No no sit down talk with us.
別,坐下來和我們聊聊
You must have incredible stories to tell about your life.
你這個歲數,一定有許多精彩絕倫的經歷
Finn Jackie's early.
芬恩,杰姬來早了
She needs to go.
她得走了
No no thithis is a perfect moment for us to learn about her past.
不用,這正是我們了解她過去的好時機
Tell us about your childhood.
給我們講講你的童年
My childhood?
我的童年?
Yes.
是的
Where should I start?
該從哪說起呢
Chicago was very different when I was a girl.
我少女時代的芝加哥和現在非常不同
No mommy will help you.
不,媽媽會幫你
No Mommy will.
她會的
I have to go.
我得掛了
Goodbye.
再見
Kids?
孩子?
Boy and girl.
一個兒子一個女兒
You think this mediation is hard?
調解和那倆小鬼頭比根本不算什么
I'm really sorry about all of this.
真抱歉讓你這么為難
Hey they're all tough.
這種案子都不好搞
We just have to remain human.
但是,我們良知不能丟
How do we do that?
這該怎么做
Find a box for this
把事情搞定
and keep it in that box.
別再往下了
Thank you.
謝謝
No change that you're gonna find
我們是不會再讓步了
We are not paying a cent above her medical bills.
除了她的醫藥費,我們多一分都不會付的
Then let's go to court.
那就法庭上見
You failed Will.
你失敗了,威爾
Just face the fact. Okay stop.
面對現實吧,都打住,
How did I...?
我怎么會...
The point of bringing you two together is to talk not to shout.
讓你倆面對面是為了交談的,而不是吵架
I know what it looks like when he fails
他每次失敗的作風我是清楚的
and he is failing.
這次他輸定了
Alicia talk to him.
艾麗西婭,勸勸他
Excuse me?
你說什么
I'm just saying Will and I talked last night...
我只是說,威爾和我昨晚談過了
Celeste... What?
莎麗斯特,怎么,
And we were trying to negotiate a deal
我們試圖把條件談妥
but clearly his ego got in the way
但很明顯他的自負導致我們談不成
and I used to be able to talk to him.
我以前能和他談話的
I can't talk to him now
但現在我和他說不清楚了
so you'll have to talk to him. Celeste what are you doing?
所以你得勸勸他,莎麗斯特,你在干什么,
I'm talking to her.
我就是和她說說
I'm just saying that Will and I got together
我只是說,以前威爾和我在一起
we had a productive session that's all
是富有成效的,就這樣
and I was thinking we should do that again.
我本覺得,應該再次好好合作
Okay I think we've taken a turn towards the personal
我覺得事態開始轉向私人恩怨了
and what I think we should maybe...
我覺得我們應該...
Excuse me.
失陪了
Okay you want to be productive?
你想富有成效是吧
Let's be productive.
那咱就來富有成效一把
You already tried the blamethevictim defense
你們已經試過虛構受害者過量服用止痛藥
with your painkiller O.D. Fiction.
來為自己辯解
That didn't work. Who's saying it didn't work?
沒有奏效,誰說沒奏效,
I am.
我說的
Well we'll prove the opposite in court.
那我們就在法庭上證明你錯了
No you won't.
你證明不了
I know the judge. He won't allow it.
我了解那法官,他不會許可的
So maybe you should raise.
也許你該提高賠償金
Jason Doyle.
杰森·多伊爾
Zuggler Med project manager.
祖格勒制藥公司的項目經理
Deposition 207 page 13.
證詞第207條,第13頁
What's this? The backup plan?
又在搞什么,你們的B計劃嗎
"Question: So you believe you were within your rights "
問:那么你堅信你有權利,
"to manufacture this SCS device
制造這個脊髓電刺激器設備,
"and Dr. Farland was within his rights
法蘭德醫生有權,
to implant it in his patient""
為其病人植入此設備"
Of course.
當然
According to the FDA's own rules.
這符合食品藥物管理局自己的規定
But Mr. Gardner seemed to imply
但加德納先生
that Dr. Farland was Josef Mengele.
似乎將法蘭德醫生,比作了約瑟夫·門格勒,
Josef...?
約瑟夫
The...
那個...
That's okay.
沒關系
FDA rules say
食品藥物管理局規定
that you were within your rights to manufacture this device correct?
你們有權利制造此設備,對嗎
Yes. They allow manufacturers like ourselves to decide
是的,他們允許我們這些制造商
which devices need to be submitted to them for approval.
決定哪些設備需要申報許可
And if a new device is merely a minor modification
如果一個新設備只是進行了小改進
then according to FDA guidelines
根據食品藥物管理局的準則
it doesn't need approval.
不需要申請許可
Ms. Serrano's reading is surprisingly selective.
塞拉諾女士可真會選擇性閱讀
Why don't you keep going?
怎么不繼續讀下去
What is this?
這是什么
That? It's a BR1. It's a spinal cord stimulator.
這是BR1是一種脊髓電刺激器
And this is FDA approved?
獲得食藥局的許可了嗎
Yes.
是的
And you claim that Dr. Farland's SCS
而你聲稱,法蘭德醫生的脊髓電刺激器
is a minor modification of this?
只是這一款的小改進?
Yes. That's why we didn't need to submit it to them for approval.
是的,所以我們無需申報許可
So then what is this?
那么,這個又是什么
That's Dr. Farland's SCS.
這個是法蘭德醫生的脊髓電刺激器
So you're saying
所以,你是說
that this is a minor modification of this?
這個只是這個的小改進?
Ira you can't judge these with a layman's eye.
艾勒,你作為門外漢不能任意評斷
Medical professionals
為法蘭德醫生
who manufactured Dr. Farland's device concluded
制造這個儀器的醫學專家
that these two devices were similar.
認定這兩個儀器是相似的
These two?
這兩個嗎
Yes.
是的
In fact I anticipated
事實上,我料到
Mr. Gardner's bringing this issue up again
加德納先生會再提到這件事
so I had a study done
所以我邀請享譽盛名的
by the respected Benzor Labs in Quantico Virginia.
弗吉尼亞匡提科本佐爾實驗室進行了研究
What's it say?
上面怎么說的
That it's a minor modification.
說它的確是小改進
The mediator's on our side.
調解員站在我們這邊
Yup. Nice job by the way but
是,得說一句,干得漂亮
he still was impressed by this.
不過,他還是被這個打動了
Okay so we have to get someone to say it was vastly modified.
好,那么我們得找人來證明它們相差巨大
We need Kalinda.
我們得找凱琳達
I want to repeat this is only a precaution.
我要重復聲明,這只是防范未然
We are removing all Karpwell cheese from circulation.
我們將把所有卡普威爾奶酪下架
Yeah. Gretchen I'm kind of busy right now. What do you need?
格雷琴,我現在很忙,有何貴干
So you're the man behind the cheese
你才是奶酪背后的男人
Eli is that right?
伊萊,是這樣吧
I'm the...
我是
Who told you that?
誰告訴你的
An unnamed source.
一個匿名的信息源
And what else did this unnamed source tell you?
那個匿名的信息源還告訴了你什么
He said you're crisis managing for the listeria outbreak
他說你負責利斯特菌爆發的危機管理
and that you investigated Heather Farms
你調查了歐石南莊園
and the outbreak's not from there.
爆發源不在那里
...the political revival
幫助曾受丑聞困擾的,
of scandalplagued State's Attorney Peter Florrick.
州檢察官彼得·福瑞克東山再起
He is also known for being a tough infighter.
他還以擅于政治角斗而著稱
Though never confirmed Eli Gold was also thought
盡管未經證實,但普遍認為伊萊·戈德
to be the architect of an ugly racial attack on his opponent.
還是對對手進行種族主義惡毒攻擊的策劃者
So why is this wholesome brand hiring a spin doctor
那么,為什么這個符合衛生標準的品牌
known for rehabilitating scandalized politicians?
要雇用一個幫扶丑聞政客的政治化妝師呢
Are you there Eli?
還在嗎,伊萊
Hello.
在嗎
Eli Gold...
伊萊·戈德
Any comment?
有何評論
...one of the first political campaign managers
...首先知曉媒體力量的,
to understand the power of social media...
競選經理之一
I'm not part of the story.
這新聞沒我的事
Oh. I'm sorry Eli.
對不起,伊萊
You just became part of the story.
你已經牽扯進來了
So pull up a chair.
找個凳子坐穩了
...makes him a highly sought after crisis manager...
...使他成為炙手可熱的危機管理專家...
It's not all bad Eli.
這并不全是壞事,伊萊
It is all bad.
糟透了
You become the story
你上新聞
it deflects from your client's guilt.
可將視線從客戶的罪責上轉移開來
I become the story it makes my clients look guiltier.
而我上新聞,則讓我的客戶看起來罪加一等
Who leaked it Diane?
戴安,是誰泄密的
Eli it's a fool's game to look for a leaker.
伊萊,找泄密者毫無意義
Gretchen knew we checked Heather Farms.
格雷琴知道我們查過歐石南莊園
She knew it was clean.
她知道那家工廠沒問題
I told two people about that you
我只告訴過兩個人,你和凱琳達
and Kalinda but Gretchen said the leaker was a he.
但格雷琴說告密者是個男的
Did you tell Will?
你告訴過威爾嗎
Oh he went to the kids' vigil.
他去為孩子們禱告了
I thought you said he was burned.
你不是說他形象已經毀了嗎
He was.
是的
You're changing the subjec
你在轉變話題
I am. So you tried to unburn him?
是的,于是,你要挽回他的形象?
You haven't seen this yet?
你還沒看過這個吧
Oh my God.
天哪
It's wonderful isn't it?
太棒了,不是嗎
People love humility.
人們喜歡謙卑的人
Tony Hayward needed a pie in the face.
托尼·海沃德需要的,就是一張餡餅砸在臉上
You didn't.
不是你干的吧
Oh set it up? No. That was just luck.
我安排的嗎,不,是走運了
I thought he'd just get booed.
我還以為,他也就挨挨噓呢
I'm proud to be here today.
今天能來這里,是我的榮幸
I don't care in what condition.
不管情況如何
Among those attending the prayer service
歐石南莊園公司的CEO沃爾特·科納米
was the CEO of Heather Farms Walter Kermani.
也來參加了禱告
I'm good at my job Diane
戴安,我對自己的工作很在行
but I can't have leakers.
但是我不能允許有泄密者
It's unprofessional.
這很不職業
Will didn't leak.
威爾沒有泄密
So you're here to give up.
你是來投降的
Ten million and we won't accept a penny less.
1000萬,少一分都不行
Really?
真的嗎
You and your lawyer friend cook something up?
你和你的那個律師朋友,編出故事來啦
It didn't work for you to blame the painkiller.
你把責任推給止痛藥,沒有奏效
It didn't work for you to blame the victim
把責任推給受害者,沒有奏效
so minor modification.
只能在"小改進"上做文章
That's what your case rests on now.
這是你們現在的依靠
Dr. Farland's SCS is merely a minor modification
法蘭德醫生的脊髓電刺激器
of existing SCSs.
只是對原有儀器的小改進
Have some pastrami Will.
威爾,吃些熏牛肉片吧
Let's leave all this boring medical talk behind.
暫時不要討論無聊的醫學話題了
The problem is medicine is a lot like politics.
問題是,醫學就像是政治
And all we had to do was follow the money.
我們所要做的就是追逐金錢
She never was jealous was she?
她根本沒有吃醋,對吧
Your lawyer friend.
你的那個律師朋友
That was all a piece of playacting?
那只是在演戲吧
Dr. Farland your man of healing
法蘭德醫生,你們的白衣天使
invented an SCS to make money.
為了賺錢發明了一種脊髓電刺激器
30% on every device implanted.
每植入一個,都有三成利潤,
Oh. Sorry. Sorry.
對不起
Who was that? Kalinda.
這位是誰,凱琳達,
Here's a copy for you.
這份給你
What is this?
這是什么
Farland's patent application.
法蘭德的專利申請書
Yeah I know.
我知道
It's a good read though.
寫得很好
The problem for you is
你的麻煩是
Dr. Farland had to insist on its originality.
法蘭德在申請書里強調了儀器的獨創性
I get it.
我懂你的意思
You don't have to lord it over me.
你不用再對我逞威風了
No I won so you have to listen.
不,我贏了,所以你得好好聽著
Dr. Farland had to insist on the originality
法蘭德醫生必須強調儀器的獨創性
of his device to file a patent.
才能申請專利
"This SCS is a truly original development "
這個脊髓電刺激器,
"in severe back pain management.
不是對現行市場上其它產品的,
It is not a mere modification."
小幅改進"
How nice of him to use those words.
他用這些詞真是太體貼了
"...of existing SCSs on the market.
"而是對治療背部疼痛具有獨創性的拓展,
"Therefore patent.." I can read.
因此,專利..." 我識字,
You're not going to be a sore loser are you?
你不會輸不起吧
Eight million dollars.
800萬美元
Ten. By today.
1000萬,今天就要
No.
不,
Eight. That's more than you thought you'd get.
800萬,已經比你預計的高了
I'll talk to my client.
我和客戶談談
I need a new home.
我需要找一個新地方
You need a...? New home.
你需要... 新地方,
My firm is going under.
我的律所快不行了
Monty & Columbech?
MC律所?
Breaking up.
正在解體
Litigation's going one way acquisitions another.
訴訟部和并購部,分道揚鑣了
How many in litigation?
訴訟部有多少人
Me. Eight other topflight lawyers.
我,還有其他8個頂級律師
We need a home.
我們要找個地方
I'll check with Diane.
我會和戴安商量的
I miss you.
我想你了
Ira?
艾勒
So it looks like we'll make a deal.
看來我們要談成了
I heard.
我聽說了
I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work.
辛苦了,謝謝你的付出
You don't have to thank me.
你不用謝我
I wasn't the one who played them.
我不是耍他們的人
We...
我們...
That's not why we won.
那不是我們勝出的原因
You won because of the facts.
你們贏了,是因為事實如此
You got your client rich
你們使客戶獲得巨額賠償
because you played them... and me.
是因為你們耍了他們,還有我
That's not fair.
這么說不公平
It is fair.
很公道
It may not be polite but it is fair.
聽起來很刺耳,但這是公道話
Don't worry about it.
不要為此煩心
If I needed a lawyer I'd probably hire you too.
如果我需要律師,我可能也會雇用你
Very nice to meet you.
很高興認識你
Hey Mom.
媽媽
Just wanted to see how you were doing.
就是來看看你怎么樣
How's your thing?
工作怎么樣
It was good.
不錯
I don't know.
我不知道
I go back and forth on work.
工作時好時壞
Same with Dad.
爸爸也一樣
I want to do something very oldfashioned.
我要做一件非常老式的事情
I want to kiss you on the forehead.
我要吻你的額頭
Is that all right?
可以嗎
Sure.
當然可以
Tucking in is too much.
蓋被子就免了
Right.
好吧
Sorry.
不好意思
Love you.
愛你
I'm getting boring.
我變得無聊了
Getting?
變得?
I'm serious.
我是認真的
I used to be... interesting.
我以前很有趣
I spent the entire day
如今我一整天
doing laundry and watching daytime TV.
都在洗衣服,還看日間電視
I saw the clothes.
我看到那些干凈衣服了
Thank you.
謝謝你
I mean when did this happen?
什么時候開始變成這樣了
You're the one out having sex with your boyfriend.
你成了那個出去和男友翻云覆雨的人
Owen... And I'm the one at home with the kids.
歐文,而我則成了在家帶孩子的人,
And it's much appreciated.
我很感激你
Are you gonna get hurt by this guy?
你會被這家伙傷害嗎
I don't know.
我不知道
I have no perspective.
我不能預測未來
You should have rebelled in high school.
你高中時應該多做些叛逆的事
Then you wouldn't have to do it now.
現在就不用再經歷叛逆期了
Is that what this is rebellion?
這是因為叛逆嗎
Or love.
或者是因為愛
It's not love is it?
不是因為愛,對吧
No.
不是
Good.
很好
'Cause that would make it very complicated.
如果是因為愛的話,那事情就復雜了,

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

聯想記憶
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接見,會見,面試,面談
vt. 接見,采

 
inappropriate [.inə'prəupriit]

想一想再看

adj. 不適當的,不相稱的

聯想記憶
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為<

 
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 優美,優雅,恩惠
vt. 使榮耀,使優美

聯想記憶
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使確信,使信服,說服

聯想記憶
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活動,運動,移動,[音]樂章

聯想記憶
deposition [.depə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沉積物,沉積作用,免職,[律]宣誓作證,證言

聯想記憶
covering ['kʌvəriŋ]

想一想再看

n. 覆蓋物,遮避物 adj. 掩護的,掩蓋的

 
fraud [frɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 騙子,欺騙,詐欺

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 一半海水一半火焰免费观看| 法瑞尔·威廉姆斯| 人世间演员表| 复制情人之意识转移| 世界轮廓图| 男女电视剧| 婴儿几个月添加辅食最好| 电视剧五号特工组| 即便是爸爸也想恋爱| 《东北警察故事2》大结局| 铭旌写法大全范例| 李保田最经典十部电影| 缉私群英 电视剧| 拉字至上q世代| 我的神我要敬拜你歌谱| 夜魔3| 斯维特拜克之歌电影| 天天快乐高清在线观看视频 | 在爱的名义下| 新还珠格格演员表| 想太多吉他谱| junk boy| 飞头魔女| 安全员c证考试免费题库| 泰国av| 停止长高的3个预兆| 对会长的忠告未增减| 白上之黑电影| 阴阳界 电影| 南圭丽| 三人行菲律宾| 男按摩师给女性做私密按摩| 黄金广场| 尤勇智的个人资料简介| 青春残酷物语| 12星座最佳夫妻配对| 麦当娜简历| 褚阳| 韩奕| 蜗居电视剧完整版免费观看高清| 林丹出轨视频|