Honey, you got to come see this.
親愛的,過來看看這個
I'm going to go.
我要走了
I'm taking Violet and going to Jo's.
帶瓦奧萊特去嬌家
Florida?
去弗羅里達
I want to get there before the school year starts.
我想趕在新學年開始前到那
I don't understand.
我不明白
What about Los Angeles?
那去洛杉磯的計劃呢
I thought we agreed about the fresh start.
我們不是說好在那開始新生活嗎
I just can't.
我做不到
We really tried. We haven't tried.
我們努力過了,我們還沒努力呢
I can't do it anymore.
我忍受不了了
Therapy isn't trying.
那是治療,不是努力
It's just figuring stuff out
那只是讓你把這些事想明白
so you can really do something.
這樣你就能真的努力去做些什么
I've tried,
我努力了
and as much as I keep trying
我越努力想讓你重新
to let you in again, this wall comes up,
走入我的生活,我心里的坎就越寬
and I... I can't... I can't get past it.
我真的跨不過這坎
Just look at this house.
看看這所房子
Look at this house I found. It's right near
看看我找到的這所房子,在漢考克公園附近
Hancock Park, where all those big mansions from the '20s are.
周圍有很多二十年代的豪宅
You always talked about how much you wanted a house like this
你總說很想要一幢這樣的房子
one with personality.
這種很有個性的房子
Well, here it is.
這幢就是
You don't listen.
你還是不明白
The house isn't going to fix it, Ben.
一幢房子解決不了問題,本
It's just a house, Viv. Come on.
這只是幢房子,小維,答應吧
Take a look.
看一看
It's nice, right?
它很棒,對嗎
Tiffany lamps and everything.
蒂凡尼的燈飾,還有其他豪華裝飾
I don't know, maybe it's haunted or something.
我不明白,可能它鬧鬼還是怎么的
I mean, it's still a stretch at that price,
價錢還沒定死
but it's been on the market for a while,
而且它已經掛牌很久還沒賣出去
so maybe they'll go lower.
所以價錢可能還會更低
There's even an office,
還有間辦公室
so I can see patients at home.
這樣我就能在家見病人
I mean, it's perfect.
它真的很完美
No.
不行
Honey... honey, the reason
親愛的,你之所以不喜歡
you can't hold on to this idea of leaving
我的搬家建議是因為
is because it's not what you want.
你不想這樣做
II've been looking at houses for a month,
我已經找了一個月房子了
and when I found this one, I swear to God,
當我看到這所房子時,我發誓
it was like a... it was like a laser beam
就像...就像是
shot right into my brain.
醍醐灌頂一樣
I could see it all so clearly.
我能看見咱們以后在那生活的樣子
It was like a movie in my mind.
就像是過電影一樣
We were together you, me and Violet
咱們全家在一起,你,我還有瓦奧萊特
all around the fire.
圍在壁爐邊
Violet was reading some depressing Russian novel,
瓦奧萊特在看那些憂郁的俄國小說
and I was stoking the fire,
我在生火
and you were on the couch rocking a baby.
你在沙發上哄孩子睡覺
Honey... we have made so many life choices
親愛的,我們以前憑感覺就
based on our gut, and right now...
做了很多人生決定,而現在
my gut is telling me that this place...
我的感覺告訴我這地方...
this house is going to...
這房子會...
it's going to break down that wall inside you.
它會讓你邁過你心里的那道坎
I'm sure it's a beautiful house.
我相信那是所漂亮的房子
I love you so much.
我真的非常愛你
I'm begging you...
我求你了
just come see the house.
去看看這房子吧
The three of us will fly out.
我們三個飛過去
Just come see it.
看看這房子
When I look at this place,
當我第一次
for the first time, I feel...
看見這房子時,我感覺
like there's hope.
它似乎充滿著希望
Vivien?
維維安
Vivien!
維維安
Violet!
瓦奧萊特
Vivien!
維維安
Where are you, Vivien?
你在哪呢,維維安
Vivien!
維維安
Where are you?
你在哪啊
We weren't expecting you until tomorrow,
我們以為你明天
after the service. I know.
葬禮后才過來呢,我知道
But I can't impose on you like this, Constance.
但我不能這么麻煩你,康絲坦斯
Don't be silly.
別傻了
Looking after this little angel
照看這個小天使
is no imposition whatsoever.
可一點都不麻煩
And I wouldn't think of burdening you
而且我真的不想
with the care of a newborn
讓你在經歷過
during this time of your...
那些無可名狀的悲劇之后
unspeakable tragedy.
就馬上擔起照看嬰兒的責任
Thank you, but...
謝謝,但...
Vivien's sister is here now, so...
維維安的妹妹已經過來了,所以...
Oh, I see.
明白了
What a blessing
遠親雪中送炭
distant relations are in times of trouble.
是多么溫馨啊
If I could just get his things...
麻煩你把他的東西都交給我吧
Certainly, uh...
當然
though it is nearly his lunchtime.
但他馬上就該吃午飯了
I know why don't I feed him?
讓我先把他喂飽
He'll fall right asleep, and then you can come back
他就會馬上睡著,之后你就可以過來
in several hours. I can feed him.
你可以過幾個小時再來,我可以喂他
It's really no trouble at all.
根本一點都不麻煩
I'm here to get my son, Constance.
我是來接我兒子的,康絲坦斯
Your son of course.
你兒子,當然了
Let me just gather up his things.
讓我把他的東西收拾一下
This formula has to be warmed up.
配方奶要加熱了才能喂
All you have to do is run it under the hot water tap.
你只需在熱水管下沖一沖就好
I'll be fine.
我會沒事的
No, I don't believe you will.
不,我想你會有事的
Nor will that child if you take him back into that house.
你要是把孩子帶回那房子,他也會出事的
Just give me his things. Dr. Harmon, hear me.
把他的東西給我,哈蒙醫生,聽我一句
There are forces in that house
那所房子有著可怕的力量
that mean to do this child grave harm.
他們想要傷害孩子
We both know that it's true.
你我都心知肚明
The same forces that killed your sweet wife.
就是那力量殺死了你親愛的妻子
Oh, and what about your daughter?
還有你的女兒呢
Tell me, Dr. Harmon,
告訴我,哈蒙醫生
did you buy a casket for Violet, too?
你也給瓦奧萊特預備了口棺材嗎
If that house can claim her spirit,
如果那房子可以囚禁她的靈魂
what's going to happen to this sweet little baby?
它又會對這小寶寶做出什么事情呢
The baby's going to be fine. Oh, you are a fool!
孩子不會有事的,你就是個傻瓜
After everything that you've seen...
你看到了那么多事
after everything that has happened,
發生了那么多事
how can you still be so blind?
你怎么還這么有眼無珠
Hello? Hey, it's Ben Harmon, Tate's therapist.
你好,我是本·哈蒙,泰特的治療師
Yeah, I'm calling because I can't treat your son anymore.
我打這個電話是想說,我不能再治療你的兒子了
I'd like to give you the number of another psychiatrist
我可以給你另一個精神病醫生的電話
who I think could help him.
我覺得這個醫生可以幫到他
Oh, no, but why, Doctor?
不是吧,為什么呢,醫生
Because your son has crossed a line with my daughter.
因為你兒子和我女兒交往超越了我的底線
Oh, but...
可是...
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
Where is he?
他現在在哪
In his grave.
在他的墳墓里
Where he's been longer than he lived on this Earth.
他在那里度過的時光遠比活在世上的要長
You destroyed my family.
你毀了我全家
You!
都是你
You are paying for your own sins, Dr. Harmon.
你在為自己的罪孽還債,哈蒙醫生
Let me give you some advice.
讓我來給你一些建議吧
When I leave here,
在我離開之后
lock your door
鎖好你的門
and pray I don't come back.
并且祈禱我不會回來找你算賬
I wonder, how is your adjustment going?
你適應的怎么樣了
I have to say one of the hardest things
我必須說,最難的事情
is watching Ben.
就是看著本
He's so devastated.
他都崩潰了
Yes, well, it's always the living that make it hard.
是啊,總是活人讓我們難過
You don't need to run off, dear.
親愛的,你并不用躲開
He can't see you unless you want him to.
除非是你想,他是看不見你的
Right. Keep forgetting.
對啊,總是記不住
I want to nurse him so badly.
我好想親自照顧他啊
No, Ben.
不要啊,本
Not the microwave.
別用微波爐加熱
You're hovering, dear.
你這叫陰魂不散,親愛的
It's a bad idea.
這樣不好
See, he remembered.
瞧,他還記得怎么做
He was a good dad.
他是個好爸爸
Moira, I know you don't approve,
莫伊拉,我知道你不認同
but despite all his flaws...
但是撇去他的那些缺點
he's a good father.
他真的是個好父親
I'll never understand why you always need to come to his defense.
我真不明白你為什么總替他說話
Here you go.
來喝吧
Do you want him to see you? Is that what's going on?
你是想讓他看見你嗎,是這么回事嗎
Are you fighting the desire to appear?
你在糾結要不要現身嗎
No, I do not want him to see me.
不,我不想讓他看見我
I absolutely do not want him to see me or Violet.
我絕對不想讓他看見我或瓦奧萊特
I have made her promise me,
我讓她跟我保證過
because if he see us,
因為如果他看見了我們
then he is going to want to stay here.
他就會想要留下了
It's okay, kiddo. And he has to leave this house.
沒事了,小家伙,而他必須離開這棟房子
And raise our baby.
把我們的孩子撫養長大
Then sit down and keep your distance.
那就乖乖坐下,保持距離
Remember the endgame.
記著一時軟會千古恨
It's all going to work out.
一切都會沒事的
There's something about Ben that's different.
本身上有與眾不同的地方
He's so sanguine.
他總那么樂觀
Perhaps he's dreaming of all the women he can have relations with.
或許他心里想著他能上手的女人
Forgive me.
原諒我
I suppose that was unkind.
這話不太中聽
Moira, would you make me a cup of tea, please?
莫伊拉,你能不能幫我泡杯茶
No.
不
Your denial is impressive.
你真是出奇的不肯接受現實
You're a ghost, Mrs. Harmon.
你現在是個鬼魂,哈蒙太太
I don't take orders from ghosts.
我不受鬼魂的指使
I'm your equal now in this world.
在這個世界里,你我是平等的
So you are.
確實是
I owe you an apology.
我向你道歉
And I think you should call me Vivien.
我想你應該叫我維維安
I'd like that.
我會的
Vivien, if I may...
維維安,我想說一句
Leave him be.
讓他去吧
Don't torture yourself.
別折磨你自己
It's not your fault.
這不是你的錯
None of this is.
你沒有錯
Your Aunt Jo's going to be here soon.
你嬌姨媽很快就到了
Okay.
好了
Okay. Okay.
乖乖
It's okay.
沒事了
You can't do this. Vivien.
你不能這么做,維維安
I knew you were here.
我就知道你在這里
Why didn't you come to me?
為什么不出來見我
It would just make it worse.
因為這只會讓事情變得更糟
I want you to take the baby and go.
我想讓你帶著孩子離開這里
No, just let me do it, then we can be together.
讓我死,這樣我們就能在一起了
No, no, no! No.
不,不行
That baby needs a father, Ben.
那孩子需要父親,本
I'm not his father.
我不是他的父親
You know it, and I know it.
你我都心知肚明
He's my baby,
他是我的孩子
and you shouldn't be smoking.
而且你現在不該抽煙
I don't really care where it came from.
我不管孩子的生父是誰
I would give anything if I could take care of him.
要能照顧他,我愿傾盡所有
Vivien, I am...
維維安,我對...
so sorry for everything I put you through.
讓你遭受的這一切感到非常抱歉
I want you to hear me.
你聽我說
I forgive you.
我原諒你了
So enough
我們
with the drama and the tragedy.
經歷了太多悲慘遭遇
We've had enough in this family.
這個家已經承受夠多了
We've had enough.
已經夠了
And the one spot of light
現在僅剩的唯一一絲光明
that there is, is that baby asleep upstairs.
就是在樓上熟睡的孩子
That's your opportunity to do something different.
是時候該你做些壯舉了
I want you to take the baby,
我想讓你撫養這個孩子
and I want you to leave this house,
想讓你離開這座房子
and I want you to never come back.
再也不要回來
Your sister said she would take care of him.
你妹妹說她會照顧他的
She's a good mother.
她是個好母親
No, I don't want that.
不,我不想這樣做
What do you want?
那你想怎樣
I want to...
我想讓你...
envision you with that boy on your shoulders
抱著這個孩子,讓他靠在你肩上
walking down Newbury Street.
一起走在紐伯里的街上
What about Violet?
瓦奧萊特怎么辦
What about Violet?
什么叫"瓦奧萊特怎么辦"
I'm a teenage girl.
我都已經十幾歲了
Not exactly a cakewalk.
又不是姍姍學步的嬰兒
Violet.
瓦奧萊特
What kind of father have I been?
我到底是怎樣的父親
You weren't eating. You weren't going to school.
你三餐不食,不去學校
You were already gone, and... I didn't get it.
你已經過世了,而我卻沒發覺
I shut you out.
是我將你拒之門外的
I was afraid it would break you.
我怕這事會讓你崩潰
I miss you so much.
我很想念你
I was never getting into Harvard.
我再也上不了哈佛了
But I saved you a shitload of money.
但我可為你省下一大筆錢啊
Yeah, you did.
沒錯
You have to leave, Dad.
你得離開這里,爸爸
Every minute you're in this house,
你在這房子多待一分
you're in danger, and so is that baby.
就會危險一分,那個孩子也一樣
Please.
求你了
Do it for us.
就當為了我們
Where are you going, Ben?
你要去哪里,本
You didn't think I'd just let you leave?
你覺得我會就這么讓你走嗎
Get out of my way, Hayden.
別擋路,海登
I don't have time for your bullshit.
我沒時間聽你廢話
Now we have all the time in the world.
現在我們可有的是時間了
Welcome! You must be the Ramos.
歡迎,你們一定是雷默斯夫婦吧
Yes. I'm Stacy.
是的,我叫史黛西
This is my husband Miguel.
這是我丈夫米蓋爾
Hi. Miguel.
你好,米蓋爾
What an exotic name. I must confess to a fascination
很異域的名字啊,不得不說
for all things south of the border.
我對國境之南的一切都異常著迷
Actually, my family's from Spain.
實際上,我們來自西班牙
All the better.
再好不過了
I find European Hispanics vastly superior.
我覺得歐洲西班牙裔的人都非常優秀
This is a classic L.A. Victorian,
這是洛杉磯典型的維多利亞時代風格
built in the 1920s by a doctor to the stars.
是1920年代由一位享譽盛名的醫生所建
As you can see, it's just fabulous.
正如你們所見,建得精妙絕倫
These are real Tiffany fixtures.
這些蒂凡尼裝飾都是真品
Everything else in the house has been updated.
房子里的所有設施都很現代化
Uh, Gabriel. Hold on.
加布里埃爾,等一下
Uh, I apologize for my son.
抱歉,這是我兒子
Apparently he's got the skateboard
很明顯,他總是帶著他的滑板
surgically attached to his body.
形影不離
He doesn't go anywhere without it.
他到哪兒到帶著它
It's quite all right, Mr. Ramos.
沒關系,雷默斯先生
As long as we don't leave any marks on the floor.
只要別在地板上留下刮痕就行了
Are we waiting for another sibling?
還需要再等其他孩子嗎
No, we just have the one. Thank you.
不,就一個,謝謝
The furnishing is from the previous owner,
家具是前一任房主留下的
but if you see anything that you like,
但如果你們看中哪件
I'm sure the estate is open to selling
我想這些家具也是可以
at the right price.
適價出售的
This is amazing, babe. Look at this house.
這里真棒,寶貝,看看這屋子
Um, speaking of money, Marcy, I know the, uh, economy is down,
說到錢,瑪西,我也知道經濟不景氣
but why is the asking price so far below market?
但何故要價會低于市價這么多呢
There isn't a problem with mold or radon, is there?
不會有霉菌或氡氣的問題吧
No. Nothing so simple.
不,原因再簡單不過
In the interest of full disclosure,
由于要公開透明化
I must inform you that the previous owners passed away
我得告訴你們之前的屋主
in the house.
死在了這里
Oh. How?
怎么回事
The wife died during childbirth,
妻子因難產而死
and the husband, in his grief, committed suicide.
于是丈夫悲痛萬分而自殺了
He hung himself from the secondstory balcony.
他在二樓的天花板上自縊
It's a tragically romantic love story.
實在是一個悲劇浪漫愛情故事
This is their dog, Hallie.
這是他們的狗狗,海莉
She's the only remaining member of the Harmon family.
她是哈蒙一家僅剩的成員
I've adopted her.
我收養了她
Well, at least they weren't murdered.
至少他們不是枉死
Mrs. Ramos.
雷默斯太太
I'd be happy to show you another house.
帶你去看別的房子也可以
But no matter where you go,
但無論搬進哪一座
you'll be moving into somebody's history.
前人的痕跡,總是揮之不去
Only this one can be had for $200,000
只不過這間屋子20萬美元就可以買到
less than the last time I sold it.
比我上一次賣掉它的時候還便宜
What do you think, Gabe?
你覺得如何,加布
I don't believe in ghosts.
我不信鬼怪
Of course he would say that.
他當然會這么說了
Should we continue the tour?
我們還要繼續參觀屋子嗎
Yes. Sure.
當然
I know you're going to love the kitchen.
我想你們一定會愛上這廚房的
It's got marble countertops,
它配有大理石料理臺
a breakfast nook,
一個早餐角
and have you ever seen a pasta arm?
還有,你們見過煮面加水器嗎
No. No.
沒有,沒有
Personally, I haven't I live alone
我也沒親眼見過,我獨居
but Mrs. Harmon fancied herself a bit of a gourmet.
不過哈蒙太太自詡是個美食家
Notice the gazebo in the backyard.
看一下后院的涼亭
You okay?
你沒事吧
Yeah.
沒事
II slipped.
我,我滑倒了
Wherewhere's Mom?
媽,媽媽在哪里
Oh, the second she stepped foot in the kitchen,
她走進廚房的那一刻
it was game over.
我方就淪陷了
I think we just bought ourselves a house.
我想我們要買一間屋子了
Come on, you gotta check out the rest of this place.
來吧,你得看看這屋子的其他地方
There's definitely room for a pool table.
肯定有地方能放張桌球臺
Imagine sipping a nice Mojito on a hot summer day.
想象一下盛夏的時候淺酌著莫吉托雞尾酒
I guess you folks tolerate the heat better than us gringos.
你們應該比我們這些美國佬要耐熱吧
Am I right?
我說的對嗎
I see you've got a new family moving in next door.
我看到又有新的一家人搬到你隔壁了
Yes, I noted that.
沒錯,我注意到了
Oh, I do hope they're a... nice family.
我真心希望他們,待人友善
I'd go over there and welcome them personally,
我還要親自上門恭賀喬遷
but as you may imagine, returning to that house
但可以想見,回到那間屋子
is difficult for me.
對我來說很艱難
After what I saw.
在我目睹了那些事以后
You stupid son of a bitch.
你個傻逼
Please tell me that you're not here with any more bad news.
拜托別告訴我你們還有壞消息
No real news, actually.
事實上,沒有什么確切的消息
So you still haven't found that precious baby?
那你們還沒有找到那個小寶貝嗎
No trace. That's very... worrying.
完全沒有蹤影,真是,令人擔憂
We'd like to go over your statement again.
我們想再聽你說一次事情經過
Just to make sure we didn't miss anything.
以確保我們沒有遺漏任何事
Of course. You said you'd
當然,你說你
gone over to the Harmons' at approximately 7:30 p.m.
在七點半左右到哈蒙家
to check on Dr. Harmon and his daughter.
探望哈蒙醫生和他的女兒
After ringing the bell and getting no response,
在按了門鈴卻無人應門之后
you decided to enter the premises.
你決定自己進去
Being no stranger to tragedy,
已有太多悲劇在那里發生
I was understandably concerned.
所以我相當擔心
Prescient, as it turned out.
結果證明我所猜無誤
You stupid son of a bitch.
你個傻逼
I can't believe she killed me.
我真不敢相信她殺了我
Serves you right.
你活該
My first instinct was to flee.
我直覺就想逃離那里
To run screaming and never return.
想大叫著飛奔而出絕不回頭
But then I thought of the baby.
但后來我想到了那個孩子
Shit.
靠
Dad?
爸爸
Well, that's all very touching.
真是感人肺腑
But where the hell's the baby?
但孩子上哪去了
So I went searching for the Harmons' daughter.
于是我就去找哈蒙家的女兒
And when I discovered that she was gone, too...
當我發現她也已經死了
I understood what must have happened.
我就知道到底發生了什么
Have you come to see my baby?
你來看我的孩子嗎
I've come to fetch my grandson.
我來帶走我孫子
Oh, you think so?
你說帶走就帶走嗎
Mrs. Harmon agrees with me.
哈蒙太太站在我這邊
House of the dead is no place to raise a child.
孩子可不能在死者之屋長大
It is for this baby.
這孩子就可以
He's special. He's mine.
他很特別,他是我的
Over my dead body.
除非我死
We're well past that.
你不都已經死了嗎
Aw, shit.
操
Violet took that child, and fled.
瓦奧萊特搶過孩子,逃之夭夭
God knows where.
誰知道逃到哪里去了
But I keep them both
但我每晚
in my prayers, every night.
都不忘記為他倆祈禱
Well...
那么
If you, uh, think of anything Violet said to you
如果,你想起瓦奧萊特說過
that could, uh, indicate where she might have gone,
任何有關她行蹤的信息
you will let us know?
你就告訴我們
Oh, without hesitation.
一定立刻通知你們
Thank you for your time.
感謝你抽出時間見我們
Who's my good little angel, huh?
誰是我的寶貝小天使
Who's my good little angel?
誰是我的寶貝小天使
Oh, there's my good little angel.
你就是我的寶貝小天使
Who are you?
你是誰
You have awful taste in music.
你對音樂的品味可真不怎么樣
Butthole Surfers?
屁眼沖浪者樂隊
Hello? Breaking and entering.
喂,你這算私闖民宅
Who are you?
你是誰
A ghost of my former self.
我死后的鬼魂
Violet. I live in the neighborhood.
瓦奧萊特,我住在附近
Your hand's cold.
你的手冷冰冰的
You know what they say.
俗話說得好
Cold hands, warm heart.
手冷心熱
Yo! Don't you have any Ramones?
喂,你連雷蒙斯樂隊的唱片都沒有嗎
Like "Animal Boy", or "Too Tough To Die"?
比如"野性男孩" 或者"堅韌不死"
Hey. Get out of my room.
喂,離開我的房間
Are you sure you want to be alone?
你確定想一個人待著嗎
They say this house is haunted.
傳聞這房子充滿了游蕩的孤魂
You're kind of twisted, aren't you?
你神經不正常,是吧
You don't know the half of it.
你無法想象
You okay?
你還好嗎
Yeah. This floor is warped.
還好,地板有點不正常
You know who's warped?
你知道什么不正常嗎
That realtor, Marcy.
那個房產經紀人瑪西
You think? I think she's hot.
有嗎,我覺得她很性感
Red hot.
性感火辣
Smokin' hot.
性感撩人
Really?
是嗎
I may have to waste that bitch, then.
看來我得提防下那個婊子了
Hey. There's enough of me to go around.
恕我沒那么多體力讓你倆分享
Well, I'm not into sharing.
我可不喜歡與人分享
Are we gonna christen the house tonight?
咱們今晚就給房子洗禮如何
Does this answer your question?
這答案你喜歡嗎
This does.
喜歡得不得了
Babe... Gabe's upstairs.
寶貝,加布就在樓上
I remember when we were like that.
我記得當年我們也同他倆一樣
In the beginning.
在一切尚未發生之前
To be continued.
未完待續
On that note. Yes?
說到這里,怎么了
Gabe's graduating this year.
加布今年就畢業了
This house is so big.
這房子又這么大
Do you think we'll be lonely?
你不覺得就咱自己的話有點空蕩蕩嗎
A baby?
想要個孩子
Don't you think I'm too old?
你不覺得我太老了嗎
Almost. Almost.
馬上就老了,快了
So we should get going.
所以要把握大好時光
I lost two babies in this house.
在這房子里,我失去了兩個孩子
One of them never even took a breath,
其中一個都沒有呼出一口氣就死了
and Constance stole the other one.
另一個被康絲坦斯偷走了
At least he's out of this house.
至少他離開了這棟兇宅
They seem like such a nice couple.
他們看起來這么幸福
They can't have a baby in this house.
他們不能在這棟房子里有孩子
You're right.
你說得對
We have to do something.
我們得采取點行動
You're going to need help.
你們得伸出援手
Some spirits in the house are angry and vengeful,
兇宅里有些鬼魂滿懷仇怨
and eager to inflict their fate on others.
一心將他們的命運報復到別人身上
But many of us are innocent, kind, blameless victims
但是大部分鬼魂是無辜,善良的冤魂
at the hands of another.
死于他人之手
And we don't want to see more suffering in this house.
我們不想再看到有人在這里受折磨
What were you dreaming about?
你夢見了什么
Shit!
操
Bet I know.
我想我知道
I'd dream about her, too, if I could dream.
如果我能做夢的話,也會夢見她
I don't think I do anymore.
可我不會再做夢了
What the hell? Who are you?
見鬼,你是誰
What are you doing in my room?
你在我房間里做什么
This used to be my room.
這曾經是我的房間
And then it was hers.
之后變成她的房間
What are you talking about?
你在說什么啊
Violet.
瓦奧萊特
She was my girlfriend.
她曾是我的女朋友
The freaky chick from before?
之前那個詭異的小妞
What do you mean by freaky?
你這個"詭異"是什么意思
She seemed really cool. Nothing happened.
她看起來挺酷的,我倆之間沒什么
She didn't say she had a boyfriend.
她沒說她有男朋友了
We kind of broke up.
我們分手了
Right.
這樣啊
Well, I mean...
我是說
It's totally hands off, dude. I get it.
這女孩我不能染指,伙計,我懂了
No...
不
I don't think you do.
我想你不懂
Shit!
該死
Mom?!
媽媽
Oh, my God!
我的老天
Miguel! Miguel!
米蓋爾,米蓋爾
Miguel!
米蓋爾
Stay away from me. Stay away from me.
離我遠點,離我遠點
Get away from me!
滾開
Get away!
滾
No! You stay here! What do you want?!
呆著,別動,你到底想干嗎
Gabe!
加布
Why?!
為什么
No!
不要
Why?!
為什么
I want her to be happy.
我想讓她快樂
She liked you, I could tell.
我看得出來,她喜歡你
You're a good guy, right? What?
你是個好人吧,什么
I mean, you got all these friends
你朋友很多
and you played some sports.
喜歡運動
You make good grades, right?
學習也很好,對嗎
Average.
一般般
Average is good.
一般就是很好
Normal is good.
正常很好
She deserves normal.
她該有正常的生活
Get out of my way!
給我滾遠點
I don't want to hurt you!
我不想傷害你
Though I do have to kill you.
不過我的確得殺了你
Miguel...
米蓋爾
it's time for you to open your eyes
你該睜開雙眼
and see what this place is, what it can do.
看清這里的樣子和對你的影響
I need someone to feel my pain.
我要有人來感受我的痛苦
Let me lead you.
我來帶路吧
Look what he did to me.
看看他對我做了什么
Why are you doing this?
你為什么要這么做
Please, I told you, man, nothing happened!
我告訴過你了,我們之間什么都沒發生
Could you maybe not look at me?
你能不能別看著我
What? I mean, could you...
什么,你能不能...
could you, like, stand up or...
你能不能站起來
I don't know, turn around or something?!
或者轉過去什么的
Please...
求你了
don't kill me.
別殺我
Oh, it's nothing personal.
這不是針對你
It's just that she's all alone.
她那么孤單
And that's not right! Stand up!
不該這樣的,站起來
Padre.
神父啊
Stop that, stop that. Come on.
別白費力氣了,快點
Turn around.
轉過去
Naughty boy.
真調皮
What would Stacy think?
史黛西會怎么想
Oh, God, I'm dreaming.
天啊,我在做夢呢
You're wide awake.
你清醒著呢
Oh, God!
天啊
God!
天啊
Miguel!
米蓋爾
Stacy!
史黛西
Stacy?
史黛西
Miguel! Stacy!
米蓋爾,史黛西
Leave her alone!
放開她
Ben! Ben! Get away from her.
本,本,滾開
Ben.
本
You sick, perverted bastard.
你這個變態的混蛋
They're barely moved in,
他們才搬進來
you're already preying on the new meat?
你就開始覓食了嗎
Who the hell are you people?
你們究竟是什么人
He used to be my husband.
他生前是我丈夫
You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that.
你們不知道,我早就想這么做了
You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that.
你們不知道,我早就想這么做了
This is what it does to you.
這就是你們的下場
This house.
這棟房子
Run.
快跑
Tate, no.
泰特,別
Put down the knife, Tate.
放下刀,泰特
I can't.
不行
I'm doing this for you.
我是為了你
I couldn't save you.
我沒能救你
It's my fault you're alone.
都是我的錯,才讓你這么孤單
But I'm not alone. My family's here now.
我不孤單啊,我的家人都在
It's not enough.
不夠
You need someone.
你需要有人陪
Not him.
那個人不是他
Then what do you want?!
那你想要誰
What I wanted was you.
我之前想要的是你
You told me to go away.
你叫我走開的
But I never said goodbye.
但我還沒能道別
Come let me say goodbye.
過來,讓我跟你道別吧
Goodbye, Tate.
再見了,泰特
Gabe! Gabe, come on!
加布,加布,快點
Come on, come on, come on.
快點,快點,快點
Some other poor family's just gonna move in here.
又有別的倒霉蛋要搬進來了
Suckers who will have no idea what they're in for.
他們根本不知道自己要住進的是什么地方
And we know exactly what to do.
而我們就知道該怎么做了
Our tour concludes with one of the most famous
本次旅行包括了這座天使之城
houses of horror in the City of Angels.
最著名的兇宅
And the recent and bloody tragedy of the Harmon family...
最近哈蒙一家的血腥慘劇
No, there's nothing to see here.
這沒有什么好看的
...only adds to the infamy of
讓這個兇宅更加的
the Murder House!
聲明狼藉
I have to sell this house.
我還得把這個房子賣掉
Get out of here!
離開這
It's enough already!
已經夠了
Now I have to sell this house!
這樣我怎么把它賣掉
Have you got a minute?
你有時間嗎
I know. I'm the last person you want to see right now.
我知道,我是你現在最不想看見的人
You're not a person.
你根本不是人
You're a monster.
你就是個怪物
I really miss our talks, Ben.
我很還念我們以前的治療,本
They were really helping me.
它們真的幫了我很多
Bullshit.
放屁
You're a psychopath, Tate.
你就是個精神病,泰特
It's a mental disorder, and therapy can't cure it.
你心理失常,心理治療根本沒用
So that's your diagnosis? I'm a psychopath?
這就是你的診斷,我是個精神病
Yep, and the worst kind.
是,而且是最糟糕的那種
You're charismatic and compelling
你魅力非凡,惹人注目
and a pathological liar.
還是個病態的騙子
But don't listen to me. I'm a total fraud.
不過別聽我的,我也是個騙子
And by the way, therapy doesn't work.
順便說下,心理治療根本沒有用
It doesn't work? Then why do people do it?
沒有用,那為什么這些人要治療
Because they don't wanna
因為它們不想
to take any responsibility for their crappy lives!
為自己的糟糕生活負一點責任
So they pay a therapist to listen to their bullshit
所以他們付錢讓治療師來聽他們的廢話
and make it all feel... special.
讓這一切都變得特別
So they can blame their crazy mothers
他們就不會責怪他們的瘋老媽
for everything that went wrong.
搞砸了一切
Sound familiar?
耳熟嗎
It's a great racket, too.
真是個好買賣
Week after week,
一周又一周
month after month, year after year
一月又一月,一年又一年
we collect checks, but deep down we know it doesn't work.
我們收著錢,但心里知道那根本沒用
You son of a bitch.
你個婊子養的
We're not so different, Tate.
我們是一類人,泰特
I'm a bad person, too.
但我也是個壞人
I hurt the people I was supposed to... love the most.
我傷害了我最應該去愛的人
But they forgave you, right?
但是她們原諒了你,對嗎
Maybe Violet will forgive me, too.
也許瓦奧萊特也會原諒我
She can't. You can only forgive someone
她不會,人們可以去原諒那些
for what they've done to you directly.
直接傷害自己的人
Those people you murdered?
那些你殺掉的人
They're the only ones who can forgive you,
只有他們才可以寬恕你
and you took away their chance.
但你沒有給他們機會
So this is it?
就這樣嗎
There's no... there's nothing I can do?
我什么都做不了了嗎
There's no chance of mercy?
不能獲得寬恕了嗎
Terrific performance, Tate.
戲演得真棒,泰特
The whole misunderstood kid act? Oh...
受到誤解的孩子的那套把戲
I fell for it, Violet did, too.
我上當了,瓦奧萊特也上當了
But a psychopath, by definition,
但是一個精神病,定義上來講
is incapable of remorse.
是不會感到后悔的
So, come on, let's try this again
所以,拜托,我們再來一次
for real this time.
說點真的
You...
你
destroyed everything that mattered most to me.
毀掉了我最在乎的一切
What could you possibly want from me now?
你現在還會想從我這里得到什么
I don't know about definitions,
我不知道定義是怎么說的
but I really am sorry, Ben.
但我真的很后悔,本
To you more than anyone.
對你最感到愧疚
Sorrys are easy.
說抱歉很容易
What about taking responsibility for the things you've done?
不如對你的所作所為負起責任吧
Christ, you can't even say the words.
天哪,你連那些話都說不出來
In 1994...
在1994年
I set my mom's boyfriend on fire...
我放火燒傷我媽媽的男朋友
...and then I shot and killed 15 kids at Westfield High.
然后我射殺了西田高中的15個學生
I murdered the gay couple
我殺死了在你們之前
who lived here before you...
住在這里的那對同性戀
...and I raped your wife.
我還強奸了你的老婆
There were other things, too.
還有其他的事情
Other people I hurt.
其他我傷害的人
I'll tell you everything.
我會告訴你所有的事
I'm not your priest, Tate.
我不是你的神父,泰特
I can't absolve you for any of this.
我不能赦免你任何的罪
Right, I get that.
對,我懂
But can you just...
但是你能不能
...hang out with me sometimes?
偶爾跟我聊聊
Hello?
有人嗎
Oh, thank God you're here.
謝天謝地你來了
I'm so exhausted.
我累壞了
You're the new nanny?
你是新來的保姆
Hello?
誰啊
Nora? Mrs. Montgomery, please.
諾拉,請叫我蒙哥馬利太太
Mother taught me that's a rule to live by:
母親說這是必須遵守的規矩
never allow the help to call you by your first name, so...
決不能讓仆人喊我的名字
Is that my ba...
這是不是我的孩...
Uh, forgive me, Mrs. Montgomery.
蒙哥馬利太太,請原諒
I would have come sooner, but I...
我本會早點兒來的,可我
I didn't think he made it; I thought he was stillborn.
我以為他沒活下來,胎死腹中
Nearly.
差點兒
He made one tiny little cry and then passed on.
他哭了一聲,就過世了
Apparently, I'm the only one who witnessed it; Charles didn't.
顯然只有我見證了這一幕,查爾斯沒看見
Genius.
他真是天才
He's an unhappy child, I'll tell you that.
我告訴你,這孩子悶悶不樂
Oh, it's you the birth mother.
是你啊,你是孩子的親媽
Perhaps it was your poor nutrition
可能是因為你懷孕時營養不良
or just your genetic inferiority.
或者是遺傳缺陷
In any case, I'm quite dissatisfied. He's a weakling.
反正我很不滿意,這孩子病怏怏的
Well, his lungs are strong; I could hear him upstairs.
至少他的肺很強壯,我在樓上都能聽見他的哭聲
May I?
我能抱抱嗎
No, hands off!
不行,把手拿開
You people you think you can just show up
你們這些人,以為可以突然出現
and claim some sort of birthright, but arrangements were made.
說你有權把親兒子要回去,但這事早安排好了
This baby is mine.
這孩子是我的
I understand.
我理解
But I do know some... some tricks that might
但我知道些辦法
be helpful to quiet him down.
可以讓他安靜下來
What do you call him?
你給他起了什么名字
Little Noisy Monster.
小哭鬧鬼
Hush, little baby
別哭,小寶寶
Don't say a word
別出聲
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird
媽媽給你買只小鳥
If that mockingbird don't sing
要是小鳥不唱歌
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
爸爸就給你買個鉆戒
Oh, thank God.
謝天謝地
I was actually afraid
我原本還擔心
I might harm him if he didn't quiet down.
要是他這么哭下去,我會傷害他
He has been inconsolable for days and days.
幾天來我怎么哄他都不管用
I am so exhausted.
折騰的我筋疲力盡
Oh, dear, I think I might need to...
我的天,我覺得自己需要
take a rest.
歇會兒
Perhaps you could keep him for the night.
要不你晚上幫我照顧他吧
You take a rest, Mrs. Montgomery. You need a nice rest.
歇去吧,蒙哥馬利太太,你得好好休息
We'll be fine.
我們會沒事的
I'm not entirely sure I have the patience to be a mother.
我不太確定自己是否有耐心做母親
Probably all of those hideous nannies.
大概因為我換了那么多討厭的保姆
Mother wasn't very good at it either, truth be told.
但說實話,我媽也好不到哪兒去
Are you gonna be a Nicholas?
是叫你尼古拉斯好呢
Or a Jonah?
還是叫約拿好呢
Or a Jeffrey?
要不叫杰弗里吧
Are you gonna be a little Jeffrey?
叫你小杰弗里好嗎
Who are you gonna be, little guy?
你想叫什么名字呢,小寶貝
Moira, what are you doing?
莫伊拉,你在干嘛呢
Scouring the cabinets with vinegar, Mrs. Harmon.
我在用醋擦柜子呢,哈蒙太太
I... I just noticed how
那家人搬走時
sticky they were when the new family moved out.
我留意到柜子有點粘粘的
I don't know what else to do with myself.
我也不知道自己該做什么好
Cleaning is what I'm good at, so I'll just carry on.
我只懂打掃,所以我接著干下去吧
Sorry, Moira.
莫伊拉,我同情你
Look who I found.
快看這是誰
He was in the basement.
他原本在地下室里
He was down there with Nora, wouldn't stop crying.
他和諾拉在那下面,不停地哭
I knew she couldn't handle him.
我就知道她不會帶孩子
She doesn't really want a baby.
她不是真的想要帶孩子
She just got stuck on that idea.
她只是抱著這個想法不放
Not a motherly bone in her body, that one.
她就不是做母親的料
Do you want to hold him?
你想抱抱他嗎
Here you go.
抱穩了
He's such a frail little thing.
真是個嬌弱的小東西
His skin is like peaches.
皮膚像水蜜桃一樣粉嫩
I would have made a good mother,
我要不是那么風騷
if I hadn't been such a little tramp.
肯定也能做個好媽媽
Forgive me.
不好意思
There's nothing worse than a selfpitying old maid.
老仆女的自怨自艾是最讓人受不了的
You know, I'm gonna need so much help with him.
我需要人幫忙一起照顧他
I can't accept such a position. I'm not trained as a nanny.
我不能接受這個職務,我不懂帶孩子
I wasn't thinking that you would come work for us.
我不是想讓你為我們工作
I was gonna ask you if you wanted to be his godmother.
我是想問你,你愿不愿意做他的教母
If that'd make you feel safer...
如果這能讓你覺得安穩些
I think you'd be a great addition to the family.
我覺得你能成為這個家庭很好的一員
I found these in the attic.
我在閣樓上找到了這些東西
These ornaments are ancient.
這些裝飾品真古老
I suppose they are.
確實很古老
You'll come to understand, Violet,
瓦奧萊特,你會明白的
that the word "ancient" will lose all its meaning
如果你的生命停留在今天
when your entire existence is one long today.
"古老"這個詞將毫無意義
Okay, everybody ready?
好,大家準備好了嗎
Look at that.
瞧瞧
I chopped it down myself, I'm proud to say.
我很自豪的說,是我親自砍回來的
Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?
你們見過如此漂亮的東西嗎
I have!
我見過
Look at him. He's so amazing.
瞧瞧他,他真可愛
Best temperament. Hardly ever cries.
性格特別好,從來不哭
Looks like his daddy.
真像他爸爸
Want to hold him? Mmhmm.
想抱抱他嗎,好
Here you go.
抱穩了
I didn't think it was possible for me, Vivien...
維維安,我從來沒奢望過
but I'm happy.
但我確實很幸福
Grow a pair, Rimbaud.
別自作多情了,蘭波
She's not into you.
她不在乎你
You're not getting back into her.
她心里不會再有你的位置
She'll never talk to you again.
她永遠都不會再理你了
I'll wait.
我等她
Forever, if I have to.
等到她接受為止
How would you feel
你今天想不想
about working a miracle today, Helen?
好好露一手啊,海倫
Constance, you get your ass in my chair!
康絲坦斯,難得你大駕光臨啊
Oh, where you been, girl?
最近忙什么呢,美女
I was starting to think you found yourself another salon.
還以為你嫌棄我們家找新發廊了呢
Oh, heavens no, no, no, no!
當然不是, 不,不,不
No, I've just been a bit housebound of late.
不是的, 只是最近足不出戶慣了
Now, don't shriek when this scarf comes off.
好了,可別被我摘下頭巾后的樣子嚇到
Lady Clairol and I have become entirely too familiar.
就快變成伊卡璐小姐了
Housebound? You have an accident?
足不出戶,出什么事了嗎
No.
沒有
I had a baby.
家里新添了個小孩
A... A baby?
小孩
A boy.
一個男孩
A son!
一個兒子
Oh, I... No, II didn't give birth to him, of course.
我...不,當然不是親生兒子
No, he was the, um...
不,他是...
child of distant cousins on my mother's side.
我母親這邊遠房表親的小孩
The DeLongprees of Virginia.
弗吉尼亞州的德朗普利一家
Evaline and Steve.
艾弗琳和斯蒂夫
They died tragically
他們不幸死于
in a highway accident outside Richmond,
里士滿郊外高速路的一場車禍
leaving that poor little angel an orphan.
那可憐的孩子從此成了孤兒
Terrible.
真可怕
Yes, but little Michael and I
的確,但小邁克爾和我
were meant to be together.
命中注定有一段母子緣
He was meant to be my son.
他注定要成為我的兒子
And I, his mother.
而我,成為他的母親
And I am sick
可我受夠了
of looking like his grandmother.
自己這一副奶奶的模樣
So... here. You work your magic.
好了,看你化腐朽為神奇吧
Oh, Helen!
海倫
Oh, you truly are an artist.
你是個貨真價實的藝術家
Well, even an artist needs the right materials.
藝術家也要靠好胚子
You know, Constance, in all the years I've known you,
康絲坦斯,我認識你這么多年了
I don't think you have ever looked younger or more radiant.
還從沒見你如此活力四射光彩照人
It's true, isn't it?
一點沒錯,是吧
May I confide something?
我能說幾句心里話嗎
Ever since I was a little girl,
自孩提時代
I knew I was destined for great things.
我就自命不凡
I was gonna be somebody
覺得自己將來會名揚四海
a person of...
成為一個...
significance.
偉人
A star of the silver screen, I once thought.
我曾經以為,我會成為銀幕之星
But...
但...
my dreams became nightmares.
夢想照進現實時,卻成了夢魘
Instead of laurels...
閃亮的桂冠遙不可及...
funeral wreathes.
葬禮的花圈揮之不去
Instead of glory...
榮光暗淡
...bitter disappointment,
寂寞生寒
cruel afflictions.
苦痛不減
Well, now I understand
現在我終于明白
tragedy was preparing me...
命運苦我心智
for something greater.
必有大任降之
Every loss that came before was a lesson.
以前的種種不順都是教訓
I was being prepared.
是上天在鍛煉我
And now I know for what.
而現在我終于明白目的何在
This child.
一切都為了這個孩子
A remarkable boy.
一個出類拔萃的小男孩
Destined for greatness!
注定會成就非凡之事
In need of a remarkable mother,
需要一位同樣出類拔萃的母親
someone forged in the fires of adversity...
一位經歷挫折和逆境磨練的
...who can guide him...
人生導師...
...with wisdom,
來傳授他智慧
with firmness,
賦予他堅強
with love.
包容他以愛
I apologize for being so late, Flora.
不好意思我來晚了,弗洛拉
But Helen had to go into minute detail
都怪海倫非得和我嘮叨
every tiresome moment of her niece's Bat Mitzvah.
她侄女的成年儀式,我都聽煩了
The amount of money those people
真想不到他們肯在一個13歲小孩身上
throw away on a 13yearold is...
花那么多錢...
Flora?
弗洛拉
Now what am I gonna do with you?
我該拿你怎么辦啊