1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據(jù)所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、get through
完成(任務);干完(工作等)
I think you can get through the first two chapters.
我想你能完成前兩章。
度過,熬過(困難或不快的時期)
It is hard to see how people will get through the winter.
難以想象人們將怎樣熬過這個冬天。
We couldn't get through a day without arguing.
我們沒有一天不拌嘴的。
使理解;使明白
An old friend might well be able to get through to her and help her.
也許一個老朋友能讓她明白并且?guī)椭?/p>
The message was finally getting through to him.
他終于明白了這一點。