1、version
變化形式;變體;版本
an updated version of his book...
他的書的最新版本
Ludo is a version of an ancient Indian racing game.
魯多是由一種古印度競賽游戲演變而來。
(某人對某事件區別于他人的)描述,說法
Yesterday afternoon the White House put out a new version of events.
昨天下午,白宮對事件給出了另一種說法。
She and her friends wanted to go public with their version of the incident.
她和朋友們想把他們看到的事情經過公之于眾。
2、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。