Capable
adj.能干的;有才能的;有才華的;能勝任的
n.有才能的,能干的
I had no hesitation in calling the police because I realised he was capable of murder.
我意識到他可能要殺人,所以就毫不猶豫地報了警。
Her husband was such a fine, capable man.
她丈夫又體貼又能干。
Happily it was all dealt with very capably by the police and security people.
幸好,警方和安保人員進行了非常妥善的處理。
-------------------------------------------------------
Compliment (pp. & pt. complimented)
n.恭維;敬意;道賀,賀詞;致意
vt.向…道賀;稱贊;向…致意
You can do no harm by paying a woman compliments...
對女人說些恭維話沒有壞處。
They complimented me on the way I looked each time they saw me...
每次見到我,他們都稱贊我的外貌。
It's obvious he's worried about us and I'm taking it as a compliment.
顯然他擔心我們,我把這當做一種贊美。
Give my compliments to your lovely wife when you write home.
寫信回家的時候,代我問候你可愛的妻子。
-------------------------------------------------------
Romantic
adj.浪漫的,談情說愛的,多情的,風流的,香艷的;空想的,虛構的,怪誕的,想入非非的,
不實際的,難實行的(計劃等);傳奇(式)的,小說般的,情節離奇的;浪漫主義的
n.富于浪漫氣息的人;浪漫主義作家[畫家等],浪漫派詩人[藝術家];浪漫思想[行為]
When we're together, all he talks about is business. I wish he were more romantic...
我們在一起的時候,他總是談論生意。我希望他能更浪漫一點。
He lived with his pretty wife Helga — his barge was romantically called after her.
他和漂亮的妻子海爾格一起生活——他的駁船也是以妻子的名字命名的,非常浪漫。
He was not interested in a romantic relationship with Ingrid.
他并沒有興趣和英格麗德發生性關系。
It is a lovely romantic comedy, well worth seeing.
這是一部溫馨的愛情喜劇,非常值得一看。
劇情百科
或許偵查方面,John只是一個默默一旁襯托Sherlock的配角。但是,在人命關天面前,作為軍醫的他,必須履行神圣的職責,拯救每一個傷者。他就如沉睡的獅子蘇醒般爆發出宏亮的獅吼,即使平時嘚瑟的Sherlock在他面前也是言聽計從。正因為John堅定的意志,Bainbridge最終得到及時的醫治而避免死亡。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.It is _____ to suggest we are having a romance...
暗示我們正在談戀愛的說法真是太荒謬了。
2.Climate reflects a basic struggle between _____ and change...
氣候反映出穩定與變化之間基本的較量。
A:本期答案見下期
上期答案:
1.I lived in terror of her sudden caprices and moods.
她的任性妄為和喜怒無常讓我整天提心吊膽。
2.Stapel's misfortune is to be dutch.
斯塔佩爾的不幸在于他是荷蘭人。