"You're not going to like it," I said.
“你不會喜歡它的,”我也說過。
I wish we didn't have to stay put.
我們不必呆在原地,不能動吧。
I quite fancy a pint.
我好想喝點啤酒啊。
I said I'd see old George down the Half Moon today for a game of darts.
我說過,去玩射箭游戲時,可以順帶從老喬治那兒買一些回來。
I expect he'll be busy with his cows after the bomb.
希望在轟炸之后,他還在忙著照顧奶牛。
It might have put them off laying - milking, I mean.
我是說,可能轟炸讓奶牛都不產奶了。
Yes, it may have curdled the milk, or something.
是哦,牛奶也許會凝結。
These bombs have a terrific effect on things.
這些炸彈對任何事物都會產生可怕的效果。
He may have switched over to yoghurt.
他可以把凝結的牛奶做成酸奶啊。
Yes. Lots of people's lives are going to be considerably affected by the bomb.
嗯。大多數人的生活因為這次轟炸而受到了相當大的影響。
London Airport will have been knocked out, I expect.
倫敦機場將會冷清下來,我估計它離被淘汰不遠了。
Yes. Bang goes a lot of people's holidays this year.
是啊。"砰"的一聲炸掉了許多人今年的假期。
The Yanks won't come dropping in.
揚克一家不會來玩了。
Oh, no. Not unless to help us against the Russkies.
哦,是,至少不會幫著我們打俄國佬了。
Remember in the war? "Got any gum, chum?"
還記得戰爭那會兒嗎?“要口香糖么,朋友?”
We used to stand on the railway embankment,
我們曾并肩站在鐵路的路堤上,
and the Yanks used to shower us with gum and chocolate and K Rations.
揚克給我們看他的口香糖、巧克力和軍用口糧。