I didn't mean to scare you.我不是有意要嚇你
mean to:故意
Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.
對不起,我不是故意嚇唬你的。
I just stopped by to drop that off.我只是順路來送禮物
drop off:把…留下
I just came by to drop off your tank.
我只是把你的魚缸送過來。
Could you drop off the books at the library?
你能把這些書順便還給圖書館嗎?
I didn't wanna leave it at the front door,我不想把東西放在前門那里
in front of:在 ... 前面
There is a rose bush in front of the office.
辦公室前有一叢玫瑰。
I didn't do it to mess with your head.我不是故意要攪亂你生活的
mess with:干擾
Don't mess with her: she's got a violent temper.
別干預她的事,她脾氣很暴。