妙語佳句:
now we're gonna get pieces of her delivered to us?還要分成碎塊兒寄給咱們嗎?
deliver to:轉交
The order is to is deliver to our warehouse.
這批定貨將送到我們的庫房.
Can I have the luggage deliver to my address?
能否把這行李送到我的地址?
I still can't figure out how I got to Ali's grave.我依舊不清楚如何去的艾莉的墓地。
figure out:想出
I can't figure out why he is absent.
我弄不明白他為什么缺席。
I can't figure out why he quit his job.
我琢磨不透他為什么要辭掉工作。
We already lied to them about the lake house.湖邊小屋的事我們已經騙了他們。
lie to:對 ... 撒謊
It will be against my principle to lie to you.
對你說假話是違背我的行為準則的。
I can take the blame for all of this.我可以擔起所有的責任。
take the blame:負過失的責任
We were ready to take the blame for what had happened.
我們準備對所發生的事承擔責任。
I couldn't think of letting you take the blame.
我沒想到過能讓你承擔責任。
考考你:
我可以擔起所有的責任。
我依舊不清楚如何去的艾莉的墓地。
上期答案:
There are things that don't really add up.
You're saying that you think someone was helping her?