1. miss 錯過
如果要表達“坐失良機”, 可以用miss the boat;
He said that he was very much regretted about having missed the boat.
他說他為錯過那樣好的機會而感到非常遺憾。
If you snooze, you lose! “如果你不注意,就錯過良機了”。
miss the bus“錯過機會”;
Do not miss the bus, I say.
千萬別錯過機會啊。
2. try 嘗試
give sb a shot“給...機會”
give sth a shot“嘗試”
I'll give you a shot.
我會給你一個機會的。
I'm not sure If I'll be able to help you with your homework , but I 'll give it a shot .
我不能確定能否幫助你寫家庭作業。但是我會去試試的。
You're not really qualified for this job , but I like you ,so I'll give you a shot .
你不是很勝任這項工作。可我喜歡你。所以我會給你這個機會的。