The Community Center ACT III

ACT III
Hi, everyone. Sorry I'm late. 嗨,各位好。很抱歉我遲到了。
But Alexandra and I 但Alexandra和我
have been busy at work this morning 一早上都在忙事情
on the community-center project. 為社區中心的計劃。
And we brought someone along who can help. 而且我們帶來一些可以幫助我們的人。
You remember Charles Maxwell, Grandpa? 你記得Charles Maxwell嗎, 爺爺?
He's the editor of the Riverdale paper. 他是Riverdale報的編輯。
He wrote some nice articles on Mom 他寫了一些介紹媽媽的好文章
when she was running for the school board. 在媽媽競選校聯合會董事席位時。
Yes, I remember. You were a great help. 是的,我記得。你幫了個大忙。
Hi, Mr. Stewart. 嗨, Stewart先生。
Hope to be a bigger help on the new community-center project. 希望能在新社區計劃這件事上提供更大的幫助。
From what Robbie and Alexandra have told me, 從Robbie和Alexandra告訴我的情況看來,
you people are making one big story. 你們正在制造一件大新聞。
Let me introduce you, Mr. Maxwell. 讓我給你介紹一下,Maxwell先生。
This is Nat Baker, 這是Nat Baker,
who's responsible for this meeting, 他是這個會議的負責人,
and this is Joanne Thompson--and Abe Lucas, 這是Joanne Thompson----還有Abe Lucas,
who used to run the drugstore in town. 他過去在鎮上經營藥房。
Robbie and Alexandra told me Robbie和Alexandra告訴我
what you need to fix up the old library. 你們修復舊圖書館所需要的東西。
I am planning to write an editorial that I think will help you. 我計劃寫一篇報道我認為應該能幫助你們。
Let's go. What are your questions? 我就進行吧。你們有哪些問題?
OK. Now, I have ... first ... a couple of questions here. 好,現在, 我有……第一……幾個問題。
Have you talked to the community council? 你們跟社區的議會談過了嗎?
And have you had an engineer come in to do an inspection? 你們可有一個工程師來做過檢查嗎?
OK, what do you need most of all? 好,你們最需要的是什么?
People power. 人力。
Men and women, young and old, to give us their time. 不管男女老幼,請他們貢獻時間。
To do what? 做什么呢?
To help scrub the building interior clean. 幫忙把建筑的內部擦洗干凈。
So that we can repaint it. 好讓我們可以粉刷。
And you also need bodies to do repainting? 你們也需要人來重新粉刷嗎?
That's right. 是的。
And we'll also need some ladders 而且我們還需要一些梯子
and some brushes and some paint. 刷子和油漆。
When do you need the volunteers, 你們什么時候需要義工,
and where do they report? 他們去哪兒報到?
I've got the council to agree 我已說服議會
to open the building for us on the next four weekends. 在往后四個周開放那座建筑。
How about furnishings? 家具擺設怎么辦?
Are there any special requirements that I should list in the paper?有什么特別的要求要我列在報紙上的?
Yes. 是的。
Here is a copy of all the things we need to start with. 這是我們一開始需要的所有東西的清單。
Let's see. Four desks. 我來看看。四張桌子。
Eight straight-back chairs. Thirty folding chairs. 八張直背椅。三十張折椅。
Six table lamps. Three end tables. One piano. 六盞燈。三張茶幾。一架鋼琴。
This is a good start. 這是一個好的開始。
These items shouldn't be difficult to come by 這些東西應該是不難弄到的
once I print the article in the paper. 等我將這篇文張刊登在報紙上。
This community has always been very generous. 這個社區一向是非?犊摹
I agree, Mr. Maxwell. 我有同感, Maxwell先生。
What you're saying is, in order for this center to succeed, 你剛才所說的是為了使中心能成功,
we need to put together volunteers 我們需要募集志愿者
from the various generations of future users. 從不同輩份的使用者中。
That's right. 是的。
And without their energy and stamina, 沒有他們的體力和耐力,
there's no way we can complete this project. 我們無法完成這項計劃。
I've got it. Now give me some information about 我知道了,F在告訴我
how you see the building being used. 你們計劃如何使用這棟建筑。
Oh, here. On
