If you're trying to build a bridge between us, Emily,
如果你想修補我們的關系 艾米莉
Here's a tip -stay on your side of the river.
給你個提示 還是好好安分守己吧
Dr. Robinson warned me you may feel this way...
羅賓遜醫生提醒過我也許你會這么想
And that Daniel might be resistant, too.
同時丹尼爾也會很抗拒
Resistant?
抗拒
He hasn't laid eyes on you in days.
他已經好幾天沒正眼瞧過你了
His quarters are so far away,
他的住處離這都很遠
he may as well be sleeping in the stables.
他寧愿睡馬廄也不愿回來
Well, I guess we'll just have to give it time, then.
我想還是讓時間治愈一切吧
Are you sure you don't mind always sleeping at my place?
你真的不介意經常在我那過夜嗎
Oh, I like your apartment.
我喜歡你的公寓
It's cozy.
很溫馨
I grew up in drafty chateaus so big,
我在寬敞空蕩的大城堡里長大
I never knew where my parents or brothers were.
從來看不見我父母兄弟的人影
I love opening my eyes in the morning
我喜歡早上一睜眼就能看見
and seeing you and Carl so close.
你和卡爾在身邊的感覺
That's what makes it a home.
這才是家的感覺
Ooh, it's there!
看 出版了
Hey, Bobby.
波比
Good to see you, man. Could you do me a favor?
很高興見到你 能幫我個忙嗎
Would you keep those front-row-center this week?
這周能一直把這些雜志放第一排中間嗎
It's the lady's pride and joy. Sure.
為了討女士的歡心 好的
The staff did such a good job.
大家干得真不錯
Yeah. Wait.
慢著
I did not write this.
這不是我寫的
The by-line says you did.
作者署名是你
No, no, I-I mean, yes, I did, but not with those words.
不 是我寫的 但這幾句不是
No, I must get to the office.
不 我必須去一趟辦公室
Someone's head is going to roll.
這下有人可闖大禍了
Are you here to escort me out?
你是來送我走的嗎
How apt that the woman who left me without an ally
讓我在這場家庭矛盾中孤立無援的女人
in this family conflict should show me the door.
由你來送我最后一程真是太合適了
You're moving out?
你要搬出去了嗎
I'm sorry. I didn't know you were leaving.
抱歉 我不知道你要走了
Well, truth be told, I'm elated, like a prisoner paroled.
說實話 我很高興 就像被假釋的犯人
But rather than shuffling off
不過與其帶走
with a plastic bag of personal effects,
一袋袋的私人財產
I'm taking my first editions.
我寧愿拿走我的初版書珍藏
Conrad, I -I'd like to explain myself.
康拉德 我想為自己解釋
Yeah? What's to explain?
解釋什么呢
When you held that news conference
當你召開那場新聞發布會
and you threw Lydia under the bus,
把莉迪亞推入深淵的時候
you destroyed my last chance at happiness.
你已經毀了我獲得幸福的最后機會
I had to protect my own chance at happiness.
我必須保護自己獲得幸福的機會
I won't lose Daniel.
我不能失去丹尼爾
"Tamerlane" by Edgar Allan Poe.
埃德加.愛倫.坡的詩集《帖木兒》
This is one of the very few copies left in existence.
這是現存非常稀有的版本
In the poem, a warlord reaches the conclusion
在他的詩里 一位暴君最終明白
that love is more fulfilling than power.
愛情比權力更能讓人滿足
What a fool.
真是個傻瓜
When your paramour betrays you, as Daniel will,
當你的情人背叛了你 我相信丹尼爾一定會
come find me at the Southfork.
來南方酒店找我