第一, 情景對話
A: Jump to it, or we'll be late.
抓緊點,要么我們要遲到了。
B: You go ahead, and I'll follow you.
你先走吧,我隨后就到。
A: OK, but you have to be on time.
好的,但你一定要按時到啊。
B: Trust me, please.
放心吧!
第二, 詞海拾貝
jump to it
exp. Be used to tell somebody to hurry and do something quickly. (趕快,加緊)
e.g. You have got ten minutes to clean this room. Now jump to it.
你有十分鐘的時間打掃這個房間。現在開始吧。
e.g. Come on, jump to it—this room needs to be completely clean in an hour!
快點,趕快干吧——這個房間需要在一小時內完全打掃干凈!
e.g. You' ll have to jump to it if you want to catch the train.
如果你要趕火車就得快一點了。
e.g. I need to have the job done before eleven. Come on,jump to it!
我要你在十一點以前干完,快點,趕緊動手!
Don't dawdle about in that half-hearted fashion.Jump to it.
不要那樣三心二意地混日子了,趕緊做事吧。
第三, 語匯積累
1. go ahead:先走
e.g. You go ahead; I'll catch you up in a few minutes.
你先走,我幾分鐘就會趕上你。
e.g. I will go ahead with three of you, and the remainder can wait here.
我將和你們三個向前走,剩下的人可以在這里等著。
2. on time:準時
e.g. His sense of duty pricked him on to finish the work on time.
他的責任心驅使他按時完成工作。
e.g. Many people count on the bus to be on time every day.
每天都有許多人指望公共汽車準時。