第一,情景對話
A: Wow, this is an English Club. Let's go in.
喔,這有一家英語俱樂部。我們進去看看。
B: Oh, my English is not good.
哦,我的英語不好。
A: Never mind, we should try to open our month and speak, this is just the only way to practice and raise our level.
沒關系,我們應該試著張開嘴說出來,這是鍛煉和提高我們水平的唯一方法。
B: It would have none of Chinese there, even a word. I'm afraid I won't communicate with others.
里面肯定不準講中文,甚至是一個詞也不準講。我怕我和別人是交流不上了。
第二,詞匯拾貝
have none of
exp. To refuse to acknowledge, allow, accept, or participate in something. (拒絕,不接受)
e.g. I'll have none of this scheme—I have a public image to upkeep!
我不接受這個計劃,我要維護我的公眾形象!
e.g. I tried to convince them to sell their stocks before the market crashed, but they were having none of it.
我試圖說服他們在市場崩潰前賣掉他們的股票,但他們不接受。
e.g. I was going to move back home with my girlfriend, but my parent's would have none of it.
我本來打算和女朋友一起搬回家,但我父母不同意。
I'll have none of this plan—find someone else to finance your schemes.
我不接受這個計劃,找別人來資助你的計劃。
第三,語匯積累
1.go in:進去
E.g. Arrived here, he hesitated whether he should go in.
到達那里時,他猶豫是否要進去。
e.g. You're dead tired, aren't you? Go in and have a drink.
你太累了,是不是?進去喝杯酒吧。
2.never mind:沒有關系,不要記在心上,別在意
e.g. Never mind what he said, I want your opinion.
別理會他的話,我想聽聽你的意見。
e.g. Never mind what people say.
別人怎么說,別往心里去。