1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、straight
直的;筆直的
Keep the boat in a straight line.
讓船保持直線航行。
Using the straight edge as a guide, trim the cloth to size.
用直尺比照著,將布料裁剪成合適的尺寸。
筆直地;徑直地
The ball fell straight to the feet of Klinsmann.
球直接落到了克林斯曼的腳上。
He finished his conversation and stood up, looking straight at me.
他說完話站起來,直視著我。
立刻;馬上
As always, we went straight to the experts for advice.
像往常一樣,我們馬上去找專家咨詢。
We'll go to a meeting in Birmingham and come straight back.
我們將去伯明翰參加會議,然后馬上回來。