1、turn on
打開(設備);接通(…的供應)
I want to turn on the television.
我想開電視。
She asked them why they hadn't turned the lights on.
她問他們為什么不開燈。
對…進行身體(或語言)攻擊;斥責
Demonstrators turned on police, overturning vehicles and setting fire to them.
示威者攻擊警察,推翻車輛并將其縱火焚燒。
He turned on Pete and accused him of being mixed up in drugs.
他怒斥皮特,指責他沾染毒品。
依靠;取決于
The plot turns on whether Ilsa will choose her lover or her husband.
故事情節取決于伊爾莎會選擇情人還是丈夫。
2、work out
想出,得到(解決方法);解(謎)
Negotiators are due to meet later today to work out a compromise.
談判人員定于今天晚些時候進行會談,商定一個折中方案。
It took me some time to work out what was causing this.
我花了一些時間才弄清此事的起因。
(如期)發生;進展(順利)
Things just didn't work out as planned.
事情根本沒有按計劃進行。
I hope it will work out well.
我希望進展順利。
圓滿結束;完成
People involved in it think it's a nightmare, but I'm sure it will work itself out.
參與者都覺得這是一場噩夢,但我相信其結局會是圓滿的。