1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、actually
的確;真實地;事實上
One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes.
一天下午,我覺得有些無聊,還真的睡著了一小會兒。
Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.
利息只能根據實際借款數目給付。
(引入新話題)其實,說實在的
Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice.
這么說吧,約翰,我給你打電話是想得到些建議。
Actually, let's just read this little bit where you've made them bump into each other.
這樣吧,我們就只讀你讓他們偶遇這一小段吧。