高木:在我們公布這份報告之前,我需要你進行核實。
I don't want a repeat of what happened last year.
我不想再發生去年的事情。
Ellie:What happened last year? I wasn't working here then.
愛麗:去年發生了什么?那時我還沒在這里工作。
Takagi:Last year's report had a lot of small inaccuracies and a few major errors.
高木:去年的報告有很多小錯誤而且還有一些大錯。
We ended up having to issue a second version of the report.
我們最終必須出具該報告的第二版本。
Ellie:Okay, but I thought it had already been signed off on by the department heads.
愛麗:好的,但我認為這份報告已經由部門主管簽署。
Takagi:It has, but those are the same department heads who skimmed the report last year and didn't catch all those problems.
高木:的確如此,但去年同樣是草草讀了這份報告的那些部門主管也沒發現其中的問題。
I want you to go through it with a fine-tooth comb.
我想讓你徹底的進行核查。
Ellie:What should I check?
愛麗:我該怎么檢查?
Takagi:Everything. I want you to verify the facts and figures and to flag anything that is outright wrong or even a little suspect.
高木:從頭到尾細細核查。我希望你驗證事實和數字, 標記完全錯誤的東西,甚至質疑的也標記出來。
Ellie:Okay, I'll do that, but this will take some time.
愛麗:好的,我會去做,但這需要一些時間。
Takagi:What are you doing this weekend?
高木:這個周末你在做什么?
Ellie:Nothing, now.
愛麗:什么也沒安排,至少現在是這樣。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載