第一, 迷你對話
A: If you get the best of her again, I’ll do you over.
如果你占了她的便宜,我就揍你。
B: Do you think you are strong enough?
你以為你又很勁嗎?
A: You can have a try and see.
你可以試試看。
第二, 地道表達
get the best of
1. 解詞釋義
Get the best of的意思是“占某人的便宜,享有最優越的”。
2. 拓展范例
e.g. Tony always managed to get the best of things in that family.
托尼在家里總是千方百計占便宜。
e.g. I'm not your sort, who always wants to get the best of others.
我可不是你那號人,老愛占別人的便宜。
第三, 咬文嚼字
do over:重做,再做
e.g. If it was to do over again I'd hug him and bless him for it.
要是一切能從頭再來一次,我一定會摟著他,夸他干得好。
e.g. They are going to do over our apartment in the spring.
他們打算春天時整修我們的公寓。
have a try:試一試
e.g. I know a Chinese restaurant is newly open near my home. Why not go there and have a try?
我知道我家附近新開了一家中國餐館。我們去那里嘗嘗吧。
e.g. Wang Ping, how about we have a try of the car on the fourth ring road today?
王平,今天我們一起上四環試試車,怎么樣?