1、mess
臟亂;凌亂;不整潔
The house is a mess.
屋里一片狼藉。
The wrong shampoo can leave curly hair in a tangled mess.
不合適的洗發水會使卷發糾結成亂糟糟的一團。
困境;麻煩;混亂
I've made such a mess of my life.
我把自己的生活弄得一團糟。
the many reasons why the economy is in such a mess.
經濟陷入如此困境的眾多原因
(意外滴落的)液體(或黏稠物)
Finally, making a dreadful mess, they devour the fruit.
最后,他們狼吞虎咽地吃起了水果,果汁滴得到處都是。
I'll clear up the mess later.
我呆會兒會把滴落的水擦干凈。
2、actually
的確;真實地;事實上
One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes.
一天下午,我覺得有些無聊,還真的睡著了一小會兒。
Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.
利息只能根據實際借款數目給付。
(禮貌地表達與他人的期待所不同的觀點)說實在的,說真的
'Do you think it's a good idea to socialize with one's patients?' —'Actually, I do, I think it's a great idea.'
“你認為和自己的病人交朋友的想法好嗎?”—“說實在的,我認為很好,這個想法很棒。”
I would be surprised, actually, if he left Birmingham.
如果他要離開伯明翰,說真的,我會很驚訝。
(引入新話題)其實,說實在的
Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice.
這么說吧,約翰,我給你打電話是想得到些建議。
Actually, let's just read this little bit where you've made them bump into each other.
這樣吧,我們就只讀你讓他們偶遇這一小段吧。
3、also, too, as well, either, likewise
這些詞均含“也”之意
also:比too正式一些,語氣較重,只用于肯定句,一般緊靠動詞。
too:語氣較輕,多用于口語,在肯定句中使用,通常位于句末。
as well:一般不用否定句,通常放在句末,強調時可放在句中。
either:用于否定句,放在句末,之前加逗號。
likewise:是書面語用詞。