They said there'll be snow at Christmas,
他們說圣誕將會飄雪
They said there'll be peace on earth,
他們說和平降臨世界
But instead it just kept on raining,
卻是冬雨連綿籠
A veil of tears for the Virgin birth.
罩著圣女的降生
I remember one Christmas morning,
我記得圣誕的清晨
The Winter's light and a distant choir,
有冬日的天光與遠方的唱詩
And the peal of a bell and that Christmas tree smell,
有清脆的鈴響與冬青的味道
And eyes full of tinsel and fire.
人們眼中滿是金絲與爐火
They sold me a dream of Christmas,
他們售賣給我圣誕之夢
They sold me a silent night,
他們售賣給我寂靜之夜
They told me a fairy story,
他們給我講述神話故事
Till I believed in the Israelite.
直到我相信以色列人的古老傳說
And I believed in Father Christmas,
我相信會有圣誕老人
And I looked to the sky with excited eyes,
我用興奮的眼神仰望著天穹
Then I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn,
在第一道破曉中
And I saw him and through his disguise.
哈欠著起床
I wish you a hopeful Christmas,
我看破了圣誕老人的喬裝
I wish you a brave New Year,
我祝你有充滿希望的圣誕
All anguish, pain and sadness,
我祝你有無限美好的新年
Leave your heart and let your road be clear.
我祝你有無限美好的新年
They said there'd be snow at Christmas,
未來的道路暢行無阻
They said there'd be peace on earth,
他們說圣誕將會飄雪
Hallelujah! Noel!, be it Heaven or Hell,
他們說和平降臨世界
The Christmas we get, we deserve.
圣潔的福音充滿天地 你應得如此圣誕賜福