Todd: Now Kate, you said that you actually had exchange students live with you…
托德:凱特,你說過你曾和交換學生一起住在……
Kate: I did.
凱特:是的。
Todd: …in New Zealand.
托德:……在新西蘭。
Kate: I've had 3 exchange students.
凱特:我家里曾住過三個交換學生。
Todd: Ok, can you talk about each one?
托德:好,你能分別介紹一下他們嗎?
Kate: Yep, the first one, she was very young, she was 14 I think at the time, so it was quite difficult for her to come to another country by herself, but by the end of 2 weeks she was in tears when she left our family. She was just so happy and overjoyed. And we still keep in contact.
凱特:好的,首先第一個,這個女孩年齡非常小,當時她只有14歲,所以對她來說獨自來到一個陌生的國家非常難,兩周后交換結束時她離開我家時哭了。那是因為她太開心了,可以說是欣喜若狂?,F在我和她還有聯系。
Todd: What was her name?
托德:她叫什么名字?
Kate: Ariko.
凱特:她叫Ariko。
Todd: Oh, ok.
托德:好。
Kate: Ariko.
凱特:名字是Ariko。
Todd: So were all the exchange students from Japan?
托德:那這些交換學生都來自日本嗎?
Kate: They were. Three from Japan.
凱特:是的。都來自日本。
Todd: Who else did you have come to stay with you?
托德:還有哪個交換學生在你家住過?
Kate: The next one was interesting. She was from Kanto.. Kansai, near Osaka in Japan. And she actually…she was in a band, a brass band, an orchestra. She actually came to New Zealand to just play in this orchestra. She was a very lovely girl. She spoke fluent English so we had no problems in communicating.
凱特:第二個交換學生非常有意思。她來自關東……抱歉,是關西地區,在日本大阪附近。實際上她是樂隊成員,是銅管樂隊,管弦樂隊的成員。她來新西蘭就是為了參加這個管弦樂隊。她是個非常可愛的女孩。她能說流利的英語,所以我們在交流上完全沒有問題。
Todd: How long did she stay?
托德:她住了多長時間?
Kate: She stayed for 3 weeks actually. A bit longer.
凱特:她住了三周的時間。要稍微長一些。
Todd: You said there was one more…
托德:你說過還有一名交換學生……
Kate: One more was Ayako. She was older, she was actually more my brother's age so she spent a lot of time with my brother rather than with me 'cause I was going to school every day.
凱特:對,最后一個交換學生叫綾子。她的年齡要大一些,其實她和我哥哥的年齡差不多,所以相比我來說,她和我哥哥待在一起的時間更長,因為我每天都要去上學。
Todd: Oh, I see.
托德:哦,我知道了。
Kate: But we still got on very well. And my most memorable moment was going horse riding with her.
凱特:不過我們相處得很好。我印象最深的就是和她一起去騎馬。
Todd: Oh, nice. Had she been on a horse before?
托德:真好。她以前騎過馬嗎?
Kate: No, first time.
凱特:沒有,那是第一次。
Todd: She must have been pretty scared of the horses!
托德:她一定非常害怕馬!
Kate: Yeah she was.
凱特:沒錯,她很害怕。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載