重點講解:
1. look after
照料;照顧;照管;
eg. I'll stop in and look after the kids.
我要留在家里看孩子 。
eg. It's her duty to look after her aunt.
照顧她姨媽是她分內的事 。
2. tell off
斥責;訓斥;訓誡;
eg. Dutch police told off two of the gang, aged 10 and 11.
荷蘭警方對一幫小混混中的兩個人進行了訓誡,他們一個 10 歲,另一個 11 歲 。
eg. Not only will I tell him off , but I'm going to give him his walking papers.
我不僅要斥責他,而我還要解雇他 。
3. run away
離開;逃離;躲開;
eg. The sudden appearance of her divorced husband caused her to run away.
她那離了婚的丈夫突然出現,她便跑開了 。
eg. It's natural to run away if you're afraid.
你害怕的時候就跑開,那是很自然的 。
4. first of all
第一;首先;
eg. First of all, crowded modern life makes alone a luxury enjoyment.
首先,繁忙的現代生活使獨處變成了一種奢侈的享受 。
eg. First of all, realize that these are normal feelings.
首先,要知道這是一種很正常的感覺 。
5. look forward to sth./doing sth.
期待;盼望;
eg. We look forward to your reture on an early day.
我們盼望你早日歸隊 。
eg. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to receiving your further orders.
感謝你們的合作,并希望能接到貴方更多的訂單 。
v. 打敗,戰勝,打,敲打,跳動
n. 敲打,