重點講解:
1. get off
下車;
eg. I get off at the next station.
我在下一站下車 。
eg. Wait until the bus is stationary before you get off.
你要等公共汽車停穩了再下車 。
2. fall asleep
入睡;睡著;進入夢鄉;
eg. Poor sleepers take longer to fall asleep than good sleepers.
與睡眠好的人相比,睡眠不好的人要花更長的時間才能入睡 。
eg. He tried to fall asleep, but a sense of uneasiness tugged at him.
他試著睡去, 可是一種不安的感覺牽扯著他 。
3. in a rush
急急忙忙;匆忙;
eg. So sorry to have kept you waiting, but we're rather in a rush today.
很對不起,讓你久等了,不過我們今天真的是很忙 。
eg. That's what happens when you're always in a rush.
在你趕時間的時候,這種事情經常發生 。
4. for sure
無疑;肯定;
eg. We cannot say for sure what will happen.
我們無法確定會發生什么事 。
eg. Well, we can't cut the research budget, that's for sure.
嗯, 我們不能削減研究的預算, 這是肯定的 。
5. lie down
躺下(休息或睡眠);
eg. If you feel unwell, go and lie down.
如果你感到不舒服,就去躺下 。
eg. She could lie down and sleep for days.
她可以躺下來,睡它個三天五天 。
6. miss out on
沒有參加,錯過(對自己有益或有趣的事);
eg. However hard you try, you'll always miss out on something in life. Let's just enjoy the moment.
不管你怎么趕,人生中總有抓不住的,享受當下吧!
eg. I cannot miss out on such an interesting event!
這么好玩的活動怎么能少了我呢!
n. 擔憂,不自在