重點講解:
1. in case
以備;以防;免得;
eg. At least there will be a retreat secured for her in case the worst should ensue.
即使發生最壞的情形,至少她也就有一個安全的地方可作退步的 。
eg. This is the quickest way, in case as if it works well, then you can pick up the goods today.
這是最快有解決方法,如果順利的話,你們今天就可以提貨 。
2. be/get lost
迷路的;迷失的;走失的;
eg. Barely had I set foot in the street when I realised I was lost.
我在街上沒走幾步就意識到自己迷路了 。
eg. I took a wrong turn and we got lost in the mountains.
我拐錯了彎,我們便在山里迷了路 。
3. let's say
比如說;比方說;
eg. Let's say you decide that one of your non-negotiable items is time for a life outside of work.
比方說,你認定工作之外還有個人生活的時間是你最珍視的價值 。
eg. Let's say you command some special work finished. Don't stop with getting approval.
比如說你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要因為還未得到批準而停下來不做 。
4. even if
即使;盡管;縱然;
eg. Even if that better future is often an illusion, optimism has clear benefits in the present.
即使更好的未來常常只是幻想,樂觀主義在當前也有明顯的益處 。
eg. She was very kind really, even if I suspected she was just acting out a part.
她真的非常好心,盡管我懷疑她有一部分好心是裝出來的 。
5. all over
到處;遍及;各地;
eg. His picture was plastered all over the newspapers on the weekend.
他的照片占據了周末報紙的頭版 。
eg. I was shaking all over, trembling like a leaf.
我像風中的落葉一樣渾身發抖 。
n. 休息寓所,撤退,隱居
v. 撤退,向后傾