重點講解:
1. speaking of
(接過話頭引入新話題)說到…,談到…;
eg. There's plenty of time to drop hints for Christmas presents! And speaking of presents, we have 100 exclusive fragrance collections to give away.
還有足夠的時間去暗示自己想要的圣誕禮物!說到禮物,我們有 100 份限量版香水要贈送 。
eg. Speaking of our birthdays, we have turned them into a recreational activity.
提到我們的生日, 我們已經把它變成一種娛樂活動了 。
2. drive sb. nuts
把某人逼瘋;
eg. She used to drive you nuts before, remember?
以前她快把你逼瘋了,記得嗎?
eg. So here are the ways people ask me questions that drive me nuts:
這里就有一些使我抓狂的問問題的方式 。
3. subscribe to
訂閱,訂購(雜志或報紙);
eg. My main reason for subscribing to New Scientist is to keep abreast of advances in science.
我訂閱《新科學家》主要是為了了解科學的最新進展 。
eg. If you subscribe to the newspaper, it'll be delivered to your door.
如果你訂閱報紙,它會直接給你送到門上的 。
4. be used to sth./doing sth.
習慣于做某事;
eg. I'm used to having my sleep interrupted.
我習慣了睡覺時被吵醒 。
eg. It doesn't frighten them. They're used to it.
這可嚇不倒他們 。他們已經習慣了 。
adj. 傳統的