重點講解:
1. stay up
深夜不睡;熬夜;
eg. I used to stay up late with my mom and watch movies.
我以前總是和媽媽一起熬夜看電影 。
eg. I will make this radio work even if I have to stay up all night.
即使通宵不眠,我也要把這臺收音機修好 。
2. fool sb. into doing sth.
愚弄(騙)某人做某事;
eg. We fool ourselves into thinking that virtual achievements and virtual friends are adequate substitutes for real-life ones.
我們欺騙自己說虛擬的成就和伙伴可以替代現實 。
eg. The poor old man was fooled into buying that second-hand car.
那位可憐的老人被人愚弄而買了那輛二手車 。
3. call sb. back
給…回電話;
eg. If we're not around she'll take a message and we'll call you back.
如果我們不在,她會帶個話兒,我們給您打過去 。
eg. I'll call back after dinner.
我晚飯后給你回個電話 。
4. break into
強行進入;闖入;
eg. Thieves break into the office and steal the petty cash.
竊賊破門進入辦公室偷走了零用現金 。
eg. Hackers often use Trojan-horse programs to break into computer systems.
駭客們常用木馬程序來入侵計算機系統 。
adj. 社會的,社交的
n. 社交聚會