重點講解:
1. hang out
閑逛,逗留;
eg. We get along so well, our sons should hang out.
咱們這么合得來,應該讓咱們的兒子也一起玩 。
eg. I'm just going to the mall to hang out with some friends.
我只是要去購物中心和一些朋友閑晃而已 。
2. meet up
(約定在某處)相會,碰頭;
eg. We tend to meet up for lunch once a week.
我們往往每周共進一次午餐 。
eg. My intention was to have a holiday and meet up with old friends.
我原本打算度個假,跟老朋友們見見面 。
3. end up
最終;結果;
eg. How does the story end up?
這個故事是怎么結尾的?
eg. You could end up running this company if you play your cards right.
你要是處理得當,到頭來這個公司能歸你掌管.
4. give up on
對…絕望;對…不抱希望;
eg. He urged them not to give up on peace efforts.
他力勸他們不要放棄對和平的努力 。
5. eg. My teachers gave up on me.
老師們對我不抱任何希望了 。
5. in the end
最后;終于;
eg. But to return, they didn't get married in the end.
言歸正傳,他們最后并沒有結婚 。
eg. Things worked out well for Jeanne in the end.
對珍妮來說事情的最終結果不錯 。
6. keep on
重復;繼續;
eg. Did he give up or keep on trying?
他是放棄了還是在繼續努力?
eg. My wife keeps on saying that I work too hard.
我妻子總說我工作太辛苦了 。
7. as far as sb. is concerned
就…而言;在…看來;
eg. As far as I am concerned, he's nothing but hot air.
我看他只會講空話 。
eg. As far as the people who killed Levinson are concerned, you're poison.
對那些殺害萊文遜的人來說,你可是個禍根 。
n. 服裝,劇裝
vt. 提供服裝,為 ...