重點講解:
1. encourage sb. to do sth.
鼓勵;激勵;勸說某人做某事;
eg. We want to encourage people to go fishing, not put them off.
我們希望鼓勵人們去垂釣,而不是打消他們的熱情。
eg. Herbie Hancock was encouraged by his family to learn music at a young age.
赫爾比·漢考克年幼時家人就鼓勵他學音樂。
2. translate into
(使)轉變為;(使)轉化為;
eg. Your decision must be translated into specific, concrete actions.
你的決定必須轉化為具體明確的行動。
eg. We must make efforts to translate our ideal into reality.
我們必須努力把理想變為現實。
3. thanks to
幸虧;歸因于;
eg. Thanks to your help, we accomplished the task ahead of schedule.
虧得你們幫忙,我們才提前完成了任務。
eg. Thanks to that, they do not look so monochromatic.
得益于此,他們看起來不才不至于那么單調。
4. so...that
so+形容詞或副詞+that ...引導結果狀語從句;意思是“如此……以致于……”。
eg. The evidence was so compelling that he felt constrained to accept it.
證據是那樣的令人折服,他覺得不得不接受。
eg. His behaviour was so strange that I began to doubt his sanity.
他行為怪異,我有點懷疑他是否神智正常。
5. be prepared to do sth.
準備做某事;
eg. In your case, we are prepared to be lenient.
根據你的情況,我們擬予從寬處理。
eg. You must be prepared to give the job your undivided attention .
你必須準備好全心全意地投入工作。
6. share with
與…分享;與…共享;
eg. The village tribe is friendly and they share their water supply with you.
村里的部落很友善,他們會和你一起分享水源。
eg. Share joys and sorrows with your comrades, and support one another in adversity.
同甘共苦,患難相扶。
n. 利益,津貼,保險金,義賣,義演
vt.