重點講解:
1. help out
幫助…做事;
eg. I help out with the secretarial work.
我幫著做些秘書工作 。
eg. He thought you'd been brought in from Toronto to help out the local police.
他認為你是從多倫多調過來協助當地警方工作的 。
2. my pleasure
(受到感謝時的一種禮貌回答)別客氣,不用謝,是我的榮幸;
eg. 'Thanks for your call.' — 'My pleasure.'
“謝謝你打來電話 。”——“不用謝 。”
eg. Not at all. It's my pleasure.
不客氣 。這是我的榮幸 。
3. long time no see
好久不見;
eg. Long time no see, I'm glad to meet you.
久違了,見到你真高興 。
eg. Hi, John. Long time no see. How have you been?
你好,約翰 。好長時間不見了 。你怎么樣?
4. poke out of
(從后面或下面)露出,冒出;
eg. He saw the dog's twitching nose poke out of the basket.
他看到那只狗一抽一抽的鼻子從籃子里冒出來 。
eg. His handkerchief is poking out of his back pocket.
他的手帕從褲子后面的口袋露出來 。
n. 毛毯,覆蓋物,排字版
vt. 用毯子裹,