Tom:Aren't you gonna ask me about my job interview?
你不想知道我的面試情況?
Lynette:Oh, right. How'd that go?
對哦,怎么樣?
Tom:Okay.
還不錯。
Until the 30yearold who was interviewing me asked me if I'd ever used twittering as part of a marketing campaign.
直到那位面試我的30 歲小伙兒問我是否我曾經用“微博”來作為營銷策略。
Lynette:And what'd you say?
你說什么?
Tom:Nothing...
啥都沒說。
Because I don't know what "twittering" is.
因為我不知道啥叫"微博"。
Lynette:It's a social networking tool where you send instant updates to anybody who signs up for them.
就是一種社交網絡工具,可以向每一個用戶即時發送更新。
Tom:So... you knew about this and yet you kept it from me?
你知道,居然不告訴我?
Lynette:I didn't keep it from you.
不是不告訴你,
It's just one of those tech things that you don't care about.
只不過這些技術你從來都不感興趣。
It's for young people.
年輕人喜歡。
Tom:And I am a dinosaur marching into the tar pit.
而我就像啥都不懂的恐龍。
Lynette:I didn't say that.
我可沒這么說。
You're not gonna get a whole lot of sympathy from me.
你才不需要我的同情呢。
I just went through the same thing. Remember?
我也剛經歷過同樣的遭遇,記得不?
Tom:Yeah. But you didn't tell me how bad it was.
但你沒說遭遇有多慘。
That's another thing you kept from me.
你居然又沒告訴我。
50 guys showed up for that one job and I was 10 years older than every single one of them.
50 人競爭一個職位,我比誰都要老10 歲。
I could hear them twittering as I left the room.
我離開房間時聽到他們在竊竊私語。