單詞與短語:
1. for sb.'s sake
出于某人的考慮,看在某人的面子上,為了某人起見;也可以說for the sake of
eg. I trust you to do a good job for Stan's sake.
我拜托你看在斯坦的份上好好干。
eg. For God' s sake don' t worry me.
看在上帝份上,別使我不得安寧。
eg. For safety's sake, never stand directly behind a horse.
為安全起見,千萬別站在馬的正后方。
eg. You've got a computer system, for heaven's sake.
天啊,你已經裝了計算機系統。
eg. Never do wrong for the sake of money.
絕不要為金錢而做壞事。
2. stop sb. from doing sth.
阻止某人做某事;
eg. I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him.
我極力控制住自己沒對他喊叫起來。
eg. There was that rush of energy and excitement and it seemed like there was nothing that could stop you from moving forward.
那股能量與激情鼓舞著你,讓你覺得什么都不能阻攔你去追求夢想
3. return one's call
給某人回電話
eg. It is fitting that you should return his call.
你去回拜他是適當的。
eg. Ask him to return my call when he arrives home, please.
他到家后,請叫他給我回個電話。