特別聲明:
該節目中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,譯文以及講解均為可可簽約編輯翻譯和編寫 。
第一、迷你對話:
A: What a mess, Jack!
杰克,你怎么把這兒弄得這么亂
。B: I’m playing with my toys, Dad.
爸爸,我在玩玩具
。A: You’d better tidy up the room now, or you’ll get your mum’s back up.
你最好現在把房間收拾干凈,要不你媽媽要發火的
。第二、地道表達:
get one’s back up
(1)解詞釋義:
改習語源于貓惱怒的情形
。貓生氣的時候會把背拱起來,后來引申為“熱某人生氣”或“是某人發怒” 。(2)支持范例:
He will be get up his back up if you mention of the affair.
你只要一提起這件事,他就要發火
。If you pressed him for a reply, you would get his back up.
如果你逼他答復,他會被惹火的
。第三、聯想記憶
get one’s back up
支持范例:
His offhand manner put my back up.
他那隨隨便便的樣子我看著很生氣
。He is well-intentioned, but his tactless manner tends to put people's back up.
他是善意的,但是他的方式太笨拙,易惹惱別人
。第四、詞海拾貝
1. play with
(1)玩(某樣東西)
支持范例:If you play with fire, you'll get burnt in the event.
你如果玩火,到頭來總會被灼傷
。Don't play with the knives, You know it gives me a turn.
不要拿著那些刀子玩,你知道那是叫我頭昏的
。(2)與.....逗樂(褒義詞)
支持范例:She could lie on the cool rocks and play with the golden carp.
她會趴在涼爽的石板上,逗弄金魚
。I haven't time to play with the children; I have other fish to fry.
我沒空和孩子們玩,我還有要事要做
。(3)(男人)玩弄(女人的感情)(貶義詞)
支持范例:It is wrong for a man to play with a woman's affections.
男人玩弄女人的情感是不對的
。2. tidy up:整理, 收拾
支持范例:
He began to tidy up his desk and finish off the week's work.
他開始整理書桌,結束一周的工作
。Dolly, all your things are in a muddle, tidy up your room.
多麗,你的東西亂七八糟,收拾收拾房間
。第五、口語句型
(1)使用情景
形容一個地方亂七八糟,可以使用這個感嘆句:
What a mess(something is)!
(2)支持范例:
What a mess! Look at the pajamas strewing on the bed.
真是亂七八糟!看看睡衣亂放在床上
。Oh, what a mess life was!
啊,人生多么荒唐!
(3)句型拓展:
What a mess (that)+從句 。
支持范例:
What a mess you've landed us all in!
你看你為我們大家惹來多少麻煩!