Superglue 強力膠
Male: Help!Help!
求助!求助!
Female:What's wrong?
你怎么了?
M: I was fixing my coffee cup with superglue.And I must have got some on my fingers but I scratch my forhead.And now my hand is stuck to my head.
我剛剛在用強力膠粘合我的咖啡杯。我一定是弄了一些(膠水)在手上,而后又用手抓了前額。現在我的手黏在頭上了。
F: Superglue? Cool! What makes superglue so strong anyway?
強力膠?真酷!那是什么讓它威力這么大?
M: If I tell you,will you get my hand off my head?
如果我告訴你的話,你會講我的手和頭分開嗎?
F: Sure!
當然!
M:Cyanoacrylate,there. Now will you plese...
氰基丙烯酸鹽粘合劑。好現在可以……
F: "Cyano" what?
“氰基”什么?
M: Cyanoacrylate. It's a sticky substance called a resin. When its molecules come into contact with water molecules on skin, or any other surface, they begin to form chains that lash around and create a really strong, durable plastic weave. Chains of molecules keep getting added into the mesh until the structure is so thick and hard that the chains can't move anymore. Anything stuck to the mesh is usually stuck for good. Now if you don't mind...
氰基丙烯酸鹽粘合劑。它是一種叫做“樹脂”的粘合物質。當其分子接觸到皮膚或者其它東西表面的水分子時,它們就開始形成了一條條甩動的鏈子并形成了很結實、耐性好的塑料織物。分子鏈持續增加直到它粘性夠好,夠堅硬,以至于再也不能移動了。通常粘到這個網上的東西就會永久的被粘著。現在如果你不介意的話……
F: So what is such strong glue used for?
那么如此強硬的膠水是用來干什么的?
M: Eh.Besides fixing coffee cups and larger things, a special type of superglue can be used to close wounds instead of stitches.
額。除了修補咖啡杯和一些較大的東西外,一種特殊類型的超強力膠可以用來取代縫線來愈合傷口。
F: Now what was it you want me to do?
那現在你想我怎么做?
M: Get me out of this!
把它從我身上弄走!
F: I know,just kidding!Now hold still.
我知道,只是開個玩笑!站著別動。
M: What are you gonna to do? Paint my nails?
你要干什么?給我涂指甲?
F: No, this is nail polish remover, which just happens to be good and dissolve glue even superglue.There!
不是,這是指甲油凈洗劑。它正好能溶解膠水,甚至強力膠也可以!給!
M: Ah,thank you!
啊,謝謝!