UNIT 6 Accidents!
第六單元 事故!
Lesson 43: Brian's Injury
第四十三課: 布賴恩的傷
Mr.Jones,Brian,Danny and Jenny arrive at the hospital.
瓊斯老師、布賴恩、丹尼和詹妮到了醫院。
They get out of Mr.Jones'car.
他們從瓊斯老師的車上下來。
"Can you walk?" asks Mr.Jones.
“你能走嗎?”瓊斯老師問道。
"Yes,of course I can walk," says Danny.
“是的,我當然能走,”丹尼說,
"I'm a big dinosaur!"
“我是一只大恐龍!”
"No,Danny," says Jenny.
“不,丹尼,”詹妮說,
"Mr.Jones was talking to Brian."
“瓊斯老師是在問布賴恩。”
"I can walk," says Brian.
“我能走,”布賴恩說,
"My legs are fine.
“我的腿沒事。
But there's something wrong with my arm.
但我的胳膊有點問題。
I think it's broken."
我想是骨折了。”
I'm sorry,Brian!I feel so bad!
“對不起,布賴恩!我感到好難過!”
"Don't cry,Danny," says Brian.
“不要哭,丹尼,”布賴恩說,
"I'm not mad at you.
“我沒有生你的氣。
I'll be all right soon."
我很快就會好的。”
Soon,they see the doctor.
不久,他們見到了醫生。
"Hello,Dr.Ling!" says Danny.
“你好,凌醫生!”丹尼說道,
"Do you remember me?"
“你還記得我嗎?”
"Yes,Danny," she says.
“是的,丹尼,”她說。
"You are my only dinosaur patient!"
“你是我唯一的恐龍病人!”
"This is my friend Brian," says Danny.
“這是我的朋友布賴恩,”丹尼說,
"I fell on top of him.He's injured."
“我掉在了他身上,他受傷了。”
"Where is your injury Brian?" asks Dr.Ling.
“你傷在哪里?布賴恩,”凌醫生問。
Brian shows her his arm.
布賴恩把胳膊給她看。
"This place hurts," he says.
“這里疼,”他說,
"Do you think it's broken,Dr.Ling?"
“凌醫生,你認為是骨折了嗎?”
"We'll see," she says.
“我們來看看,”她說。
"Please try to move your fingers."
“請動動你的手指。”
Brian moves his fingers.
布賴恩動了動他的手指。
"Good," says Dr.Ling.
“好,”凌醫生說,
"Now,can you lift your arm over your head?"
“現在,你能將你的胳膊舉過頭頂嗎?”
"It hurts,but I can lift it." says Brian.
“很疼,但我能舉起來,”布賴恩說。
"Well,it's nothing serious," says Dr.Ling.
“好了,不嚴重,”凌醫生說,
"You'll recover soon.
“你很快就會康復的。
But,Danny,you must be more careful!"
但是,丹尼,你一定要多加小心!”
Danny is happy.
丹尼很高興。
"Okay,Dr.Ling!"
“好的,凌醫生!”
Soon,Brian's mother calls,
不久,布賴恩的媽媽打電話來,
"I heard about the accident.
“我聽說了事故。
Are you all right,Brian?"
布賴恩,你還好嗎?”
"Yes,Mom," he says.
“還好,媽媽,”他說,
"But I learned a new safety rule today."
“但今天我學會了一條新的安全規則。”
"What is it?" asks his mom.
“是什么?”他媽媽問。
"Never catch a falling dinosaur!" says Brian.
“永遠不要去接一個正在跌落的恐龍!”布賴恩說。
Northern News,December 7
北方新聞,12月7日
Girl,13,Hit by Car
女孩,13歲,被車撞了
NORTHTOWN,Alberta:
北方城鎮,阿爾伯特:
A teenager was injured yesterday in a traffic accident.
昨天一名年輕人在一場交通事故中受傷。
The victim-Ann Brown,13-was hit by a car at 15 Street and Park Road.
受害者——安布朗,13歲——在第15大街和公園路的十字路口被汽車撞到。
The accident happened at about 7:30 AM.
事故大約發生在早上7:30。
She and her friend,James Noble,had been on their way to an early basketball practice.
她和她的朋友詹姆士諾布在去往早間籃球訓練的途中。
"We were in a hurry," James told this reporter.
“我們很著急,”詹姆士對記者說。
"We didn't want to be late for practice.
“我們不想練習遲到。
Ann dropped her basketball and it bounced onto the street.
安的籃球掉了,球彈到街上。
She ran to get it."
她跑去撿。”
A witness to the accident,Mrs.Andrews,was walking a little way behind the two students.
一名事故目擊者——安德魯斯太太走在這兩名學生后面不遠的地方。
"The girl didn't see the car.
“那女孩沒看見汽車。
And the street was icy—the car couldn't stop.
街上又結了冰——汽車停不下來。
It was terrible."
太可怕了。”
Mrs.Andrews said,"I shouted a warning.
安德魯斯太太說:“我叫喊著提醒。
I wanted to stop her from running after the ball,but she didn't hear me."
我想讓她停止追球,但她沒聽見我叫她。”
After the accident,the driver,Bill Morton,called an ambulance.
事故發生后,司機比爾莫頓打電話叫了救護車。
Mr.Morton knows first aid.
莫頓先生懂得急救。
He did not move Ann.
他沒有移動安。
He stopped traffic on the road until the ambulance came and rushed the girl to the hospital.
攔住這條路上的來往車輛直到救護車到來,馬上把小女孩送到醫院。
Ann has a broken leg.
安一條腿骨折。
Doctors say she can return to school in about a week.
醫生說大約一星期之后她就可以回到學校。
LET'S DO IT!Work with a partner.
Complete the chart with advice about what young people should and should not do.
Don't climb high.Please be careful!