萬用句型背一背:
1.Nowadays this starting salary is not high based on my skills and experienc.
在當下,憑我的技術和經驗這個起薪并不高。
2.You point out a reality.But I don't share your solution very much.
你指出了一個事實,但我不是很贊同你提出的解決方法。
3.I don't think we can make the deadline.So we'd better make some modifications.
我認為我們不會按期完成。所以我們最好做一些調整。
4.According to our research,we need a drastic change in our strategies.
根據我們的研究,我們需要徹底改變策略。
5.Let's be wrapped up in the discussion.
我們好好討論一下。
身臨其境練一練:
本對話選自《Kyle XY》(神奇凱爾)。本段是Stephen打電話給老板Brad的對話,他想通知員工公司要裁員,Brad非常氣憤,從中可以學到與老板激烈討論時使用的語言。
錦囊妙語學一學:
1.layoff:n.解雇,裁員
Workers were re-employed after the layoff.
在暫時被解雇不久后工人們又被再度雇用了。
2.get carried away:沖昏頭腦,失去控制,忘乎所以
The other day I went shopping for clothes.At first,I had only planned to spend 50 dollars to buy some pants and a shirt.But I got carried away and spent 250 dollars.
前幾天我去買衣服,本來我只計劃花50美元買些褲子和襯衫,不過我一下失去控制花了250美元。
3.break the bad news to sb.:委婉地把壞消息告訴某人
The ability to break bad news to travellers more sympathetically is one reason London Underground is keen to increase its number of female drivers.
女性地鐵司機能夠將壞消息更加委婉地告訴地鐵站等車的游客們的能力是英國地鐵公司正在增加女性司機的原因之一。