Lesson 7 I'd rather work in television
第七課 我寧愿在電視臺工作
Hello.Hi,Steven.Do you have a minute?
你好,史蒂文,你有時間嗎?
Well,not really.What's up?
嗯,不確定,怎么呢?
Can I talk to you about something?I'd rather not wait.
我能跟講一些事情嗎?我不能再等了。
Sure.Connie.Come in.So tell me,what's up?
可以。康妮,進來。告訴我,怎么呢?
Well,I know you're not completely happy here at WEFl.
好,我知道你呆在WEFL不是特別的開心。
I'm happy working with everyone here.but I need to make more money.
我跟大家每個人一起工作都很開心。只是我需要更多的錢。
A friend of mine works at a station in Hartford.
我的一個朋友在Hartford電視臺工作。
She told me they're looking for a producer for their weekend news show.
她告訴我他們正在尋找一周新聞秀的制片人。
The money is good.I thought you might be in terested.
錢固然是好的。我想你可能需要學習。
Hartford?That's one and a half hours away.I'd rather not drive that far to get to work.
哈福德?離這兒有一個半小時。我不愿開車到那么遠的地方工作。
I'd rather live near the office.
我寧愿住在離工作的地方近一點的地方。
Maybe you could move to Harford.I'd rather not move right now.
或許你可以搬到哈福德。我可不愿意馬上就搬去。
Also this job is for a weekend news show?
這份工作是每周新聞秀嗎?
Probably the producer has to work on the weekends,right?
可能制片人周末也不得不工作,對嗎?
Right,Would you rather get a new job or have your weekends free?
是,你寧愿是獲得一份新工作還是有空閑的周末?
I'd rather have my weekends free.You know,with the baby and all..
我很愿意我的周末空閑。你知道,有了寶寶然后所有的···.
I read about a job not far from Stamford.
我知道有一份工作距離斯坦福不遠。
Producer of a radio show.
廣播節目的制片人。
Would you rather work in television or radio?
你是想在電視臺工作還是在廣播電臺?
I'd rather work in television..
我寧愿工作在電視臺。.
I read about another job for a journalism teacher in Stamford.
我知道的另一份工作是斯坦福的記者教師。
Do you want to teach?Teacher have long summer vacations.That's nice.
你想教書嗎?老師有很長的暑假。真不錯。
I'd rather not make a big career change now.I like what I'm doing.
我現在不想讓我的職業作出一個重大轉變。我喜歡我現在所干的工作。
Steven,do you want to stay here or would you rather make more money?
史蒂文,你想要呆在這兒還是賺更多的錢?
I'd rather make more money.No.I need to make more money.
我想要掙更多的錢。不,我需要更多的錢。
Sorry I can't help more.Thank you for trying.
對不起,我沒法再幫你了。謝謝你做出的努力。
Listen,Connie.Anne and I want you to come to our house sometime.
聽,康妮。安妮和我都想讓你常來我家。
She wants to meet you.I'd love to see you and Anne.sometime.
她想要見你。我愿意常去看你和安妮。
but I know you're busy with the baby.
但是我知道你一直忙于照顧孩子。
We're much more organized than we were before.
我們先可比以前更有計劃性。
Why don't you come to lunch on Sunday?Are you free this weekend?
為什么星期日你不能過來吃午飯呢?難道你這周周末沒時間嗎?
Or would you rather come to dinner on Staurday night?
或者你愿意星期六晚上來吃晚餐。
Lunch on Sunday sounds great.I'm busy on Saturday night.
星期日吃午餐聽起來還是不錯的。我星期六的晚上很忙。
I'll call Anne and make sure that it's all right with her.Great
我將會打電話給安妮,確保那時候她都沒事。好!
Hi,It's me...How's everything there?
你好,是我···一切都還好嗎?
We're fine.The baby's sleeping.I'm doing the laundry.How everything there?
我們很好。孩子已經睡著了。我正在洗衣服。其他的一些事呢?
Fine.I called to ask you a question.
都很好。我是想問你一個問題。
Is it OK if Connie comes to lunch on Sunday,or would rather spend the day alone?
如果康妮星期日過來吃中飯,或者其他的時間來,可行嗎?
I'd love to have Connie to lunch on Sunday.Do you think she's free?
我想還是周日過來吃午飯吧!你認為她會有時間嗎?
I know she's free.I've already invited her.
我知道她有空。我已經準備邀請她。
Thanks for asking me first.
感謝你第一時間告訴我。
Can you pick up some groceries on your way home from work?
你能順便從下班回來的路上買一些雜貨嗎?
What should I buy?Would you rather have chicken or fish?
我要買什么?你能你買一些雞和魚嗎?
I think I'd rather have chicken.
我想還是買些雞肉吧!
OK.Chicken sounds good to me too.
好的。雞肉對我來說聽起來也是不錯的。
And we can have salad and a vegetable,Peas or green beans?
還有我們能買一些沙拉、蔬菜、豌豆或者綠蠶豆?
Umm,green beans.Would you rather have potatoes or rice?
恩,綠蠶豆。能買點土豆或者大米嗎?
We had rice last night.I'll buy some potatoes.
昨晚我們已經吃了米飯了。我買些土豆吧!
And for dessert?Ice cream or cake?
甜點呢?冰淇淋還是蛋糕?
Ice cream or cake?I'd rather have both.
冰淇淋還是蛋糕?兩個我都喜歡。