Part One
Lily: I owe you an apology, Mr. Steven. 對不起,史蒂文先生。
Steven: What do you mean, Lily? 莉莉,怎么了?
Lily: I'm terribly sorry about the appointment last Thursday. I hope you'll excuse me. 對于上周四的約會我很抱歉。希望你能原諒我。
Steven: Forget it. I'd have done exactly as you did if I had been in your situation. 算了吧,如果我在你的角度,我覺得你做得很對。
Lily: That's very kind of you to say so. 你這么說真是太好了。
Part two
Eva: Sorry to be late. I was caught up in a traffic jam. Am I the last guest to arrive? 對不起我遲到了。真不巧趕上了一場交通擁堵。我是最后一個到的嗎?
John: Yes, VIPs always are. So it's quite all right. And you're a very important person at this party. 是的,重要人物都是這樣的。沒關系了,你是這個晚會最重要的一個人。
Eva: Oh, please don't! 哦,千萬別。
John: I was just kidding. We've been expecting you all this time! 我在開玩笑。
Part Three
Annie: Sorry to have kept you waiting, Eva. I was answering an overseas call. 對不起,伊娃,讓你久等了。我剛才接聽一個海外電話。
Eva: It's all right. You must be a very busy general manager. 沒關系,你一定是個非常忙的總經理。
Annie: Well, I hope you weren't bored while I was on the phone. 哦,我希望我在打電話的時候你沒有那么煩悶。
Eva: No. I was reading this new brochure of yours, you see. I'm very much interested in your new product. 一點也不,你知道的,我在讀你的最新手冊。我對你的新產品非常感興趣。
n. 道歉;勉強的替代物