Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!
Wiggle room sounds like a place you go to wiggle. Wiggle Room
Wiggle room聽起來像是一個你用來扭動身體的地方。回旋余地
Hey, if you're going camping this weekend, let Mark know by tomorrow.
嘿,如果這周末你計劃去露營,那么在明天之前告訴馬克。
He needs to know how many cabins to rent.
他需要知道出租多少木屋。
I'm still not sure if I'm going.
我還不確定是否去。
I like camping. But I have a bunch of stuff to do around the house this weekend.
我喜歡露營。但是這周末我有一大堆事兒要在家附近做。
Well, for now, why don't you tell him you're going?
好吧,眼下你為什么不告訴他你會去呢?
That way, you have some wiggle room. You can always change your mind later.
那樣你就有回旋余地。你之后可以隨時改變想法。
Good idea.
好主意。
To wiggle is to make little movements from side to side.
擺動指做出略微的移動,從一邊到另一邊。
If you are stuck in a tight place, you can wiggle yourself out.
如果你身陷困境,你可以擺脫它。
To have wiggle room,means you are able to make small changes to a plan or schedule.
有回旋余地是指你能夠在某個計劃或安排上做出小小改變。
Wiggle room gives you freedom to change your mind.
回旋余地讓你有了改變主意的自由空間。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!