Lesson 14. 最好的朋友
第十四課 最好的朋友
Do you want to hang out/chill out with me?
一起出去玩好嗎?
Are you free tonight?
今晚有空么?
Do you want to go out with me?
想和我約會/出去玩嗎?
I asked her to go out with me last night.
我昨天問她要不要當我女朋友?
What happened?
結果呢?
I’ve been rejected.
我被拒絕了。
pump up
打氣(氣球、輪胎),加油打氣(人)
Can you pump up my ball for me?
可以幫我把氣球充滿嗎?
My tires are flat, I need to go pump them up.
我的輪胎扁了,我必須給它充氣。
She looks really sad. Let me go pump her up.
她看起來很傷心。讓我為她加油打氣。
hit on someone
泡、展開追求
Rich was trying to hit on this chick on the dance floor.
瑞奇試圖要泡舞會里的那個小女生。
diesel
柴油引擎、有肌肉的、男性化的
Shaquile O’Neal calls himself the diesel, because he considers himself the strongest man in the NBA.
沙魁·歐尼爾稱他自己是柴油引擎,因為他覺得自己是NBA最強的人。
stud
種馬、帥哥
Wilber is such a stud that I can’t take my eyes off him.
瑋柏帥得讓我移不開目光。
plagiarism
抄襲
John was kicked out of school for plagiarizing his friend’s homework.
約翰被退學,因為他抄襲同學的家庭作業。
copycat
模仿別人的人
Man, he’s such a copycat. Whatever shirt I buy, he’s going to have one too.
嘿,他真愛模仿別人,我買了什么襯衫他馬上就去買一件。