Welcome to English in a minute.
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!
A bud is a young flower that has not yet opened.
花蕊是指還沒開的花。
So what do you think this American idiom means? Nip it in the Bud
你覺得這個美語習語是什么意思?防患于未然
Listen to these friends talking:
讓我們聽聽這對朋友的談話。
My new neighbor is driving me crazy!
我的新鄰居要把我弄瘋了!
She keeps coming over to my apartments uninvited. And then she will not leave!
她經常來我的公寓,而我并沒有邀請她。而且她還不走。
Oh, you need to nip that in the bud.
噢,你應該防患于未然。
Just tell her to call before coming over. Or just don't answer the door!
告訴她來之前要打個電話?;蛘咧苯硬婚_門。
If you nip it in the bud, you stop something from becoming a bigger problem.
當你'nip it in the bud'時,你就會阻止某些事情擴大化。
Nip means to cut. So if you cut a flower while it is still a bud, it cannot grow any bigger.
Nip的意思是折斷。如果你折斷仍處于花蕊期間的花,這個花就不會再長大。
When you nip something in the bud, you stop it from growing.
當你把某事在初期砍斷時,這個事情就不會再發展下去。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!