It sure is hot here.
這兒真熱。
Are you kidding me? That's because this is Death Valley.
你開玩笑的吧?那是因為這里是死亡谷。
Well, it is so hot here that I feel like I might die.
嗯,這里好熱,我都覺得我可能要熱死了。
Did you know that this is the lowest, hottest, and driest point in North America?
你知道這里是北美洲海拔最低、最熱和最干的地方嗎?
No, I didn't, but I believe it.
不,我不知道,但我相信這一點。
The hottest air temperature ever recorded was in 1913. It was 57 degrees Celsius.
有記載的最高氣溫發生在1913年,達到了57℃。
Wow, that's incredible. That is so hot. How can anything survive there?
哇,真難以想象。那也太熱了。那里能有什么東西存活下來呢?
Not much does. Only the toughest desert plants can survive.
很少。只有生命力最為頑強的沙漠植物可以生存。
Is this the only interesting thing about this place?
這是這個地方唯一有趣的事情嗎?
Oh, no. You can see sand dunes, salt flats, and other interesting geological formations.
哦,不是。你可以看看沙丘、鹽灘和其他有趣的地質構造。